Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

TV & lights affecting my brain? Panic Attack?

User Profile
I've explained this to many doctors since my condition became worse 3 years ago about the light from televisions altering my brain in some way.I cant get a decent nights sleep as i either am suddenly awakened feeling as if im going to pass out with my brain as though its detached from my body(hard to explain sensation really).I can have multiple episodes in one night.This (feeling) leads to my heart pounding out my ears.While asleep sometimes i vcan see my brain constantly processing (matrix like) reems of numbers(this while rare can last the duration of what sees the whole night,hijacking my brain and senses).Ive had a 2 minute heat monitor but i sense its more to do with my brain.These episodes co-incided with my anxiety getting worse but remain unresolved even though i have mentioned it.The doctor that i regulry seen said he was going to get a electrical brain scan done but has since left.I dread going to bed as i fear im going to die.Can you help?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2007
Epilepsy Answer A2702
According to the symptoms you report, you might be experiencing panic attacks. A panic attack is a kind of neurotic disorder wherein a patient, on some occasions, becomes so anxious and frightened that something bad will happen that the anxiety manifests physically. You can ask for an expert opinion from a mental health doctor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.