Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Just Arrived In the Post (Page 1)

User Profile
my mooncup.

I know I posted about them before - but I just got my very own.

20-something+ days of bleeding and using super tampons is playing havoc with my nether regions.

but but but... it's huge Shocked I'm still trying to work out how the f*** that is supposed to fit in there Shocked

ok yes I know you fold it but then it opens inside you - oh this is going to be so much fun... Mr. Green

***edit after trying***

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ok well here goes.
1) do not bother trying a mooncup if you are not 100% happy touching yourself - you are going to end up with fingers in your vagina.

2) be prepared to laugh and roll around on the floor a lot the first time.

so I'm there hlding this thing, practising the two different ways of folding it.
lets try method 1 first.
Fold it in half and then in half again Confused hold it as low down as possible without it unfolding - so at the top then???
now the real fun starts - push that into your vagina without it unfolding and without using your invisible 3rd hand.

left hand - holding lips
right hand - holding mooncup in folded position
third hand - to push mooncup upwards lol

OK I don't have a third hand so I'm trying to "walk" my fingers down the cup but it keeps flipping open before I get it in.

Let's try method two - fold one side into the cup then fold in half
ah this looks easier because it's more "pointy ended" - hahaha ya think - same problem is how to get this into your vagina without your whole hand or it unfolding.

Ok let's try a different position... (so far we have been sitting on the potty - like for inserting a tampon)
Let's try one foot on the toilet seat - hahahahahaha no way

hmmmm kneeling? nope!

Kneeling on one knee only... ohhhhhhhhh almost

I've also discovered by this point the just "try and squish it in any old how" and the "poke it in a bit at a time" attempts do not work

so on one knee - folding method 1.
almost, almost, oh wait it's coming unfolded, oh no hang on it's past the entrance, oh damn it's unfolded - half way it... ok poke it a bit oh it's in - and now it's completely unfolded and f*ck me that feels so freaky...
ok poke it a bit more - oh um... ok wiggle it (remember this sits way lower than a tampon).

*stands up*

you totally can not feel it in any way - it's awesome Laughing

OK let's see how easy it is to take out...

haha find a position - for me it was back on one knee.
then you have to poke a finger in - find the stem and push down with your vagina muscles.
when you can feel the bottom of the cup give it a little squeeze or poke your finger up the side and feel the freak as it releases Shocked

Ok this is totally wierd and yes you need to practise like hell if you wanna be an expert before you get your period but at least it was funny.

nothing sits outside your body at all - so the risk of infections and tss are vastly reduced.
it's made of silicone so no worries about latex allergies and stuff.
it does not contain bleaches and nor does it deposit fibres in your vagina.

For an average woman it means approx 25-30 less tampons/towels in our oceans/water systems per month - that's 300-360 less tampons/towels per year

Last edited by Kia on May 1st, 2007 05:59 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
haha good luck on that one, id rather not mess with that lmoa, and something bigger then a regular tampon there is no way in hell id be able to get it up there haha , i wouldnt be able to relax enough , then the fun of taking it out lmao, no thanks for me. Have fun and hopefully you get it figured out , came with instructions right?? hehe
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Community Volunteer
yeah, comes with instructions.
it's actually less messy than normal tampons and is very very very squishy it just looks big lol
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ah i see, like as big as your hand big? lol
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Community Volunteer
noooooooo not that big Shocked
I can hold it in my hand - like completely hide it inside a closed fist.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
ah ok so hmm it doesnt seem to bad, didnt someone else on here get a mooncup? curious to know how well they work. but i dont think my periods are heavy enough lately to bother with something like that.
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Just Arrived In the Post
Kia wrote:

2) be prepared to laugh and roll around on the floor a lot the first time.

Laughing

thanks kia! i found that whole thing very entertaining. enjoy your mooncup!

zanny has one and she made it sound so easy.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Supporter
Hehehe aww I'm gutted it wasn't that much fun for me =(

But I thought it was huuuuuge too.. I just ran it under the tap first to wet it, folded it in half n *pop* in it went. I find it more difficult to remove, but that's because pulling it out hurts my poor broken vagina *sigh*
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Shocked ok now that i missed my breakfast. 400 less cals for me today. thanks kia.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Damn those invisible third hands! Laughing
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
That was a great read, Kia. lol
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
lol this made me laugh so hard!! lol I have heard of tohse things. Seems complicated lol
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Kia, I was laughing so hard while reading your post. Thank you!

You are going to save so much money with that mooncup! I can't imagine how expensive tampons are for you!!
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Ooh, I want one! Shocked
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Supporter
ok Shocked Question how do you take it out without (tmi sorry) spilling the ewww on you Question
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Supporter
candita sky wrote:
ok Shocked Question how do you take it out without (tmi sorry) spilling the ewww on you Question

It doesn't get that full! The whole thing can hold about a third of the blood you lose during your entire period, so when you change it after 4-8 hours it's not that full.. I just slide my fingers up the sides of it and tip it a bit to one side.. then to the other.. while pulling it down.. and squeeze it a bit.. and out it comes. It takes practise Laughing
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol ok and didn't you say you could have sex with it in or something? but then wouldn't he feel the thing?? maybe you can't have sex with it in i have no idea.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Supporter
ooh baby you hit the moon Laughing funky
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
That was hil air ee us! I needed a laugh, thanks!
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2007
Supporter
HcoBrunette06 wrote:
lol ok and didn't you say you could have sex with it in or something? but then wouldn't he feel the thing?? maybe you can't have sex with it in i have no idea.

No, there's an "instead softcup" that's slightly different.. I think they're disposable, and they sit higher up in your tunnel of love and you can supposedly have sex with them in. I'd get paranoid as hell about it getting disturbed and tipping everywhere though Neutral
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...