So I have been controlling my dinner portions and not eating until I feel full since there is that whole thing about your body not feeling full until after 20 minutes of finishing your meal.
I now find that I wake up feeling quite hungry...does anyone know if this is okay?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 10th, 2008
Supporter
Simply eat before bed. Your body burns the most calories while sleeping so by the time morning rolls around you may actually have done harm to your body by not feeding it the proper foods before it goes under repairs at night. I would suggest high protein such as egg whites, lean meat or protein shake such as cassein protein (slow metabolising protein perfect for before bed). If you have any questions please ask!
|

replied July 20th, 2008
Supporter
Waking up feeling hungry is perfectly normal!

Your body stores glucose (fuel) in glycogen stores which, while you're sleeping, will begin to empty. When you wake up your body will make it a priority to replenish these stores. That's why we have breakfast Very Happy

Have a nice healthy breakfast, oats are a great choice.

If you find you're waking up early then make sure you have a snack for supper.
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
It would be helpful to drink water the minute you wake up... it will make you eat less..because of the water intake, you would feel more full...
|

replied March 18th, 2011
Waking up
What does it mean when you wake up hungry in the middle of the night, and you feel you have to snack to send you back to sleep?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....