Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Well, the Doctor's Office Called Me Back Today...

User Profile
and my hcg was 2. It makes me wonder if I really was pregnant when I got the positive. My progesterone was less than 1. This all makes no since. 6dpo my progesterone was 12.3 which showed that I ovulated. Anything over 10 means that you did. Now, I am 2 weeks late for my period but I am not pregnant. This totally sucks. This is only like month 6 of actively ttc but June is when I went off my birth control so I am actually coming up on the year mark. I didn't realize they counted that too but it was unprotected so they do. I guess I will ask my doc about clomid and all that good stuff now. My nurse told me to keep the appointment for May 14 and they would take more bloodwork to make sure I wasn't pregnant again and then if I'm not they will put me on Provera to start my period. I would like to be put on some clomid with that too please. Here we go again.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2007
Experienced User
I was just thinking about you MG, and wondering how it was going, as we haven't heard from you in a while.
That is sad news. I'm sorry. False positives are very rare. Sometimes leftover HCG in your bloodstream can cause a positive. Or maybe it was an evaporation line. Sounds like you've had a rough couple of months. We are all with you in spirit.

I'm on my second round of clomid right now (100mg, cd 3-7), and I don't get any side effects so that's good. We are going to try IUI this month for the first time.

Glad that you have a course of action set out with your Dr. I get anxious when I don't know the 'next steps'. Hopefully clomid will be the ticket to Motherhood for us both.
Good luck.
cpr
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry sweetie.

I hope they have some answers for you when you see the doctor.

Don't be disappointed if they don't let you try the clomid. I'm not saying they wont, just don't be disappointed if the do.
|

replied April 30th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm sorry mg. I hope you figure out soon what is going on.

Best of luck with the IUI, Dprssd, I hope it works out.
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi
Oh mg, honey I am so sorry. That is crazy for you to go through all this. Patience truly is a virtue and we all need it. At the end girlfriend, it will all work out for you. You know, a few months ago I read this wonderful article about a husband and wife that were trying to concieve. They had 7 mc's and everytime it would happen in the first trimester. It was a very touching story. I remember as I was reading it and weeping my heart out for many of what they described reminded me of my m/c experiences and the emotional roller coaster we all experience. The ending was soooo beautiful though. They finally had a beautiful little boy and they said that, everytime they looked at him they knew that it was all worth it. They didn't regret a single experience, for if their pas was any different they may have not had their little boy. hang in there sweetie!! see a good doctor and trust that what they tell you would be the best step of action for you.

Dprssd,
I am doing my first round of iui this week. I have taken 4 rounds of clomid and I am so anxious about this... When is yours gonna be around? I should be ovulating Thursday, or Friday..... Confused
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Experienced User
MG i am so sorry, Noone deserves to go through so much. We are all here for you sweetie.

Hope your Doc have some good news for you & hope you get your bundle of joy soon.

DPrssd & Negar - Well good luck on your first round of iui. Hope both of you get your BFP on first round of try.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Hi
Dprssd,
I am doing my first round of iui this week. I have taken 4 rounds of clomid and I am so anxious about this... When is yours gonna be around? I should be ovulating Thursday, or Friday..... Confused[/quote]

Hi Negar
I remember you saying that you were going to try IUI this month too. Oooooh thursday or friday!!! How exciting!! Please let us know how it goes. I'm on cd10 now, and I'm not sure when I o on clomid, so I bought the digital OPK's like you said. This is my first time trying them - I hope they work. I had to order them from the US, as I can't find them anywhere here in Cda. Can I ask you when you tested? My RE said to test fmu and call right away to send dh in for the sample. Did you get a + in the am?
Good luck!!
cpr
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
MG- how frustrating that must be to go through that not once but twice with false positives. Hopefully you can get the cysts taken care of so that you can get a true positive!!! You are in my prayers!

Negar/DPrssd - good luck you two with your iui treatments. Hopefully this will be it for both of you. I am also keeping both of you in my prayers as well.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Dprssd
my cycles are 31 days and since I started Clomid, the length of my periods are shorter (4-5 days). I was told to start testing cd10. I have been ovulating cd 13-17. Today, I got a positive which is cd13, earliest ever. I was told to test between 12-2 pm everyday...
I am going for my iui tomorrow...eek, I am so nervous and full of emotional feelings... Confused
So, when I got the happy face I called and they gave my husband a morning appointment 9:40am and I gave me 2pm.

I pray, I pray, I pray....
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
That sounds so exciting Negar. I wish you the best of luck!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....