Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Are Energy pills dangerous ?

Two of my fiends are taking energy pills. One is taking something called multi energy snd the other is taking something called energy supplement. Are these pills dangerous? I'm not sure what to do right now. I don't want anything bad to happen to their health.

If you have any info that could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 29th, 2003
Experienced User
Most everything containing "ephedra" is being taken off the shelves. It is a very strong stimulant and can cause heart problems.

Unfortunately, if they want to take whatever they're taking, all you can do is tell them the risks involved.
|

replied September 3rd, 2003
Experienced User
These energy supplements are harmful to some people, and beneficial to others. Before taking any of them (even if they are without ephedra) check with your doctor to see if your body is compatible with them (look at family health history and stuff). Ephedra is safe, its the idiots who used it unsupervised, were obese (therfore already a massive strain on the heart) or ignoring all the warnings on the labels that have given it a bad rap. For example, anyone with high blood pressure, or a family history of high blood pressure should not use...But then that baseball player who took xenadrine had high blood pressure, was told by the physician not to continue taking it, and the idiot continued to take it...And now he's dead. So...Before using any form of energy supplement, check with your doctor. Or just consume green tea or coffee. Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These are dangerous in the sense that they cause weight gain.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Nutrition , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.