I have suffered from siatica on and off for the past 4-5 yrs. Now when it goes I still have back pain which i'm in most of the time. I went for an MRI and was told that I have two bulging disks. NOW WHAT DO I DO?
I'm 54 and was always active, this is effecting my quality of life!
I went for a massage and it was the worst thing I did as it only elevated the pain. I just don't know what to do next. I have been stretching with little change in my situation. Anyone out there with some suggestions?
Thank You
Terry
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 27th, 2007
Where Is the Bulged Disc(s) Located?
I'm assuming they're either at L4/5 or L5/S1. At this time, the epidural or transforaminal epidural steroid with or without local anesthetics is the choice of therpy. The other options you have are: start narcotics like hydrocodone or oxycontin, but at the risk of overdose or becoming an addict. Or if severe enough, have surgery, i.e, laminectomy, which, most likely will relieve your sciatica, but the back pain persist.
Good luck!
|

replied May 7th, 2007
HI. I HAVE BULGING A DISK AND WHAT I DID WAS GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR AND DID PHYSICAL THERAPY. SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT CHIROPRACTORS DO NOT WORK BUT YOU HAVE TO FIND A GOOD ONE. HE HELPED ME SO MUCH. HE ALSO GAVE ME HEAT ON MY BACK AND ELECTRICAL STIMULATION.
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...