I feel pain in my uterus everytime I sneeze. It goes away in moments, but should I be concerned??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi nicole,

i'm assuming you are pregnant. From about 20 weeks of pregnancy, I get terrible cramping pain in my abdomen if I sneeze, or even if I get up quickly from lying down. I asked the doctor about it and she said not to worry, it was all normal. I am 28 weeks pregnant now, and it happens quite a bit. If your pain is accompanied by bleeding then you should consult your doctor or go to the hospital immediately.

Good luck
|

replied February 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks for the info. Im about 14 weeks. No bleeding just some pain. Ill run it by the doctor next visit.
|

replied February 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
I heard if you cough or anything and get pains in your abdomen you should talk to the the doctor because it could be a warning sign. I'm not trying to be mean or concern anyone, it's just better to be safe...
|

replied February 23rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Thats actually good advice cara. Sometimes cramping in early pregnancy can be the first sign of a miscarriage. I had a miscarriage in may of last year, and the cramping I had at that time was definately not normal. It was very painful, and I knew something just wasn't right. I then started bleeding, accompanied by terrible lower back pain, and I miscarried about 3 days after. Cramping in any stage of pregnancy should be cause for concern, and it is absolutely essential to be recieving extra attention from your doctor during this time.

Good luck everyone.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...