Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Vomited Once 10 Hours After Taking Pill...

Hello everyone I wondered if you could help me...I went to a theme park 21st of april and vomited after i came off a ride Sad
I take my pill at 6:30am religiously every morning and I vomited at 4:30ish pm. That evening I had sex (no condom) was I still protected? I am in my 7 day break now and have a VERY light period...just spotting really. What are my chances of pregnancy? I didnt vomit my breakfast of which i had hours after taking the pill...
I would really appreciate everyones knowledge and reassurance as i worry very much. thank you x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The pill is absorbed into your body fairly quickly after it is taken. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about. But, if you are still worried, take a test.
|

replied April 26th, 2007
Thnx
Thank you i have taken a test it was neg...ive taken 2 but im slightly paranoid. really appreciate your replys x
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry, maybe I didn't understand correctly. Were you on your placebo pills when you vomited?
|

replied April 26th, 2007
no im on the 21 day pill...microgynon 30 took pill that morning
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Gotcha Wink Sorry, I'm slow today!

You should be fine. Honestly, if the encounter was on the 21st it would be to soon to get an accurate pregnancy test result. But, since you have had some spotting when you should have I highly doubt that you are pregnant. If you are still concerned you should wait until next weekend and retest.
|

replied April 26th, 2007
Thank You
Thank you so much...i really appreciate your help and ideas x Very Happy
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...