Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Mysterious Sore Bump On Rectum

Just yesterday I was having a little discomfort around my rectum. I realized today theres a half-pea sized bump on the top side of my rectum. It doesn't itch and its not discharging anything it's just sore. I dont think it's an std because I haven't been sexually active for a year. I have no idea what it is or what I can do about it. Please help... I have enough stress in my life without worrying about this. Thanks. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mindyme84
|

replied September 4th, 2003
Sore Bump
You may well have a hemmorroid. Have you ever had a child? Sometimes they pop up afterward. Sometimes they just appear on their own. Go to the doctor, sweetheart. You don't need to have to worry unneccessarily.
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2010
Don't eat the yellow snow...
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2010
This does sound like a hemorrhoid. They are very common - 40% of adults in the US will have them at sometime. But they are VERY annoying and if they become chronic they can become serious. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit and veggies to avoid constipation. Wipe yourself thoroughly but gently - try using Baby Wipes! You can try over the counter creams like Prep H. If that doesn't work there are many natural hemorrhoid treatments. I have a site devoted to helping people with hemorrhoids.
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It seems simple cyst. If its getting bigger in size then go for its excisional biopsy.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.