I know that not all of u wanted to get pregnant and not al of u were trying but I was wondering ... For those fo u who planned on having a baby and those who didnt. Would u change anything u did waited a lil longer or got married first of finished school first or anything? My fiance wants to have a baby we got engaged new years day and we've been together 8 months on the 26th. I know that doesnt sound like very long but when u meet the right person u just kinda know ... And having all his so young isnt always great but I wouldnt change anything so far. Oh, im 16 now as of january 6th. I was just wondering abuot the changing things and how hard it really is bc I live with 2 lil kids since they were born but we arent related and I take care of them alot and it is alot of work I know it is. But I also wanted advice from ppl who are already in the position before I go and make a mistake or ruin another persons life in any way.

Sorry it was so long

thanks so much
~kit~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2004
Experienced User
Hi!! I know wot u mean by meeting the right person I knew instantly I met mick that he was for me. We got together on my b'day id just turned 20. We are currently ttc for #1 and neither of us has any other kids so I can only give an opinion and not an actual experience like most of the girls here.

I would wait, if u really feel that this guy is the one then there is no harm in waiting, to finish school and start a career and then set urself up to really take care of a little life. I hope I dont sound mean but 16 is young and u have ur whole life ahead of u, if it was me I would wait.

From someone who cant wait to have a jellybean all of their own
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey first off I dont think that we have met, im stacie im 16 and I have a 10 month old son, sean andrew. I think that you need to do what is in your heart. I am in no way promoting that you go and have a baby you are young. But I was to. And you have only been with your boyfriend for 8 months!! But I understand what you mean...Wait I haev to change what I have said, I think you should wait. You are so young, and you ahve so much to look forward to, but I cant judge you. Sometimes it works out, but sometimes it doesnt. This is a touchy subject and I dont know what to say..

Stacie

*at a loss for words*

*if she only understood*
|

Extremely eHealthy
I love all my kids but I definitely wish I would have waited ecspecally(sp?) with the twins cause that was the hardest thing!
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
I don't regret anything! I am so glad I had jayden when I did. Yes it was planned. She is 6 months old now and I am 19 yrs old. If it wasn't for jayden I would probably still be living with my parents. Being pregnant got me motivated to get up and get out and find my own place. I got my own apartment in april of 03 and had jayden in august. She has gotten me motivated to make the best of myself. Otherwise like I said I would probably still be living with parents and going out and partying all the time. She is my lifesaver!

~sara~
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I mean mine was planned and I wouldnt change anything but I dont know what to tell people when they say they might want to have a baby...
|

Experienced User
Hey...
I too know what's like when you meet that person... I know that if I could change anything, I would of stayed in school and waited a couple years to have a baby! But not everything goes as planned and everything happens for a reason! My son is a blessing and was meant to be with us! So I don't think I would do anything differently except school!
|

replied February 21st, 2004
Experienced User
Hello, you haven't meet me yet, I am 21 and mother of two and neither one of my children were planned. I wouldn't change it for the world. I do however wish I would have waited a little longer. So I could have got on my feet first. All I can tell you is do what you think is right for you.
|

replied February 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well, im sad im missing my senior year of highschool and all the fun stuff that goes with it, but babies are gifts and unplanned or planned they are given to us for a reason so I dont think id want to change the fact of having a child. Me and tim have gotten closer over the months and now I feel happy, but sometimes I know ill look back and say "what if" but we all do that sometimes Smile

shauna
|

replied February 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I definately know what you mean.....My pregnancy was unplanned but I wouldn't change anything about it for the world.....He saved me from completely trashing my life.....I hate to think about where I might be today if I hadn't settled down and started acting more responsibly for his sake. You may or may not be ready, but let me advise you this. Finish school first. It will make it so much easier. Then you don't have to deal with the added stress of getting up and ready, finding child care, and keeping up with your work. There for a while I was having trouble keeping up because he would move so much and so violently that he would keep me awake till all hours of the morning and I couldn't concentrate in school. That phase passed but i'm quite sure it will start up again when he's born. And besides, you have more time to spend with and enjoy your baby if you finish school first. Sweetie, you very well could be ready, but please, do yourself a favor and finish school first. And I think it's great you want to have a baby with your fiancee. But I would still wait to make sure that is going to work out too. Although i'm sure it will. I can't say much on that subject because I only knew the fathe rof my baby for 5 days b4 I got pregnant....Eeeeeek. And that is the first and only time I ever did anything like that. But luckily he didn't just say f*ck you and forget about me. He supports me (emotionally) and his son financially. Although it does sometimes stress me out because he's so far away and i'm constantly wondering what he's doing. But I give him the benefit of a doubt. But like I said, just please do yourself a favor and finish school. I promise there will be plenty of time for baby making when your graduated and married!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...