Is there anything out there that any of you now of that will help get rid of and prevent zits! Anything at all even reducing reddness ! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Zits
Could Someone Help? wrote:
Is there anything out there that any of you now of that will help get rid of and prevent zits! Anything at all even reducing reddness ! Very Happy

Toothpaste I have been told take the redness out of the spots.
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
i use colgate toothpaste some nights when its bad and by morning usually the size and redness is reduced Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Experienced User
whoa, I never knew toothpaste reacted as a retarder toward acne.

That's incredibly interesting. Rolling Eyes I doubt I've ever thought about using toothpaste for my acne. I know that clearly, any benzoyl peroxide products clear acne fairly well; although it may vary from person to person and I know I'm getting the impression, "well you're just saying that because you know it works best for you"...actually, I have hereditary acne which is the genes of acne was given to me by my mother's side. Having nearly impossible actions to remove acne over the years, my face has almost cleared up entirely...sure I get one or two new pimples. Now my chest is another story.
One thing to mention, for those of the women (and men) who love to eat chocolate...it's known that eating chocolate isnt a habit that increases acne during outbreaks. It's rather psychological manner thinking chocolate would start another series of outbreaks with chocolate and other relative foods.

here are some things to prevent outbreaks...
hygiene
diet
certain food decisions
medications [be wary, may vary]
stress
harsh lifestyles
shaving & improper shaving [proper techniques of shaving]
cosmetics [ladies, be aware that the stuff you put on your face causes havoc for your facial skin]
excercise [great way to prevent acne, although be cautious of sweat]
hormones

some ideas of treatment...
anything containing benzoyl peroxide [of course]
antibiotics
tretinoin
isotrentinoin
contraceptive pills
salicylic acid
adapalene
laser treatment
blue light therapy
herbel remedies

**Note**
these lists are only perferred as information to your benefits only and not obligated to persue such products or therapy, as direction of a professional doctor. these listed are not subject to be quoted.
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2007
Experienced User
I actually looked it up to make sure...
it really does work! I tried it by putting some on acouple of pimples last night and this morning they were barely noticable. except the fluoride does dry it out quite a bit. I'm satisfied. Very Happy

for those who do not believe that toothpaste is a house remedy that could be used to heal acne or want an article as reference...

http://acne.about.com/od/acnemedications/a /Acnetoothpaste.htm

thanks chick1978 for bringing this to my attention as well as others.
|

replied May 1st, 2007
i have heard that toothpaste does work but i have never tried it. should i use it only on the pimple that need it or my whole face?
|

replied May 1st, 2007
Experienced User
Just on the pimple!
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
thanks so much i heard that it does work but i also heard that it doesn't from my sister. is benzol peroxide a good thing thats what i use and my face is clearing?
|

replied May 3rd, 2007
Ben. Per. does help, it is like taking an aspirin for a headache though, what ever was causing the headache is still there but the symptoms are better. If you can resolve the root cause you will likely be happier and healthier.

Good luck and God bless!
|

replied May 4th, 2007
i like what you said it was really helpful thank you so much
|

replied May 5th, 2007
Natural Methods
There are many natural techniques that can cure your acne!
|

User Profile
replied August 9th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Avoid soap or towel on face. Multivitamins and zinc supplements are usually prescribed by general practitioners. Topical clindamycin is helpful in its prevention.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.