User Profile
I am 31 and I have been struggling with my weight for 13 years. I had a child at the age of 17. After he was born I weighed 165 size 12 I was happy with that size and would have been happier stay at that size. But I got on the depo shot directly after having him and in 1 year I had put on 90 pounds size 20.I got off the depo and With out much effort in to trying to lose it because of depression I weighed 200 at size 18 by the time I had my second son. I remained at this weight and size until after my divorce. My joke is that Ilost 175 pounds, 115 of that being my Ex LOL. I was a size 14 and extremly happy. I hooked up with someone new in my life and have been with him for 4 years and again put the weight back on. I now weigh 210 and I am a size 18 again.

Now here is the rest of my story. I work 10 hour days 4 days a week with infants in a daycare. I go to school 4 days a week in the evenings and I spend as much quality time with my boys on my free time when they are in bed is when I do my homework. I have a pretty stressful life be sides that we live beyond paycheck to paycheck, and so and so forth!!

My question is how much, lets saying walking, would one have to do not just for health but to lose weight and anyother suggestions that might help me lose weigtht. What to eat how many calories should i try to keep it under? how much water to drink to help with weight loss? Any other suggestions would be great. But they have to be ones that I can maintain with my busy schedule.

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Experienced User
26 people have viewed my post yet have noo replies of suggestion. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter. Please my weight is beginning to bring my depression back, I am beginning to become extremly self contious and I am getting aches and pains in my legs back and feet because of it. My self asteem is becomong to drop to the point of wanting to give up. I want to be healthy for my boys I want to be able to play with them and not run out of breath. In comparison I am not extemly huge but looking at my family I could if I don't get ahold of it now while I still have time. So please point me in the right direction. Any help would be great.
|

replied May 7th, 2007
HI. I WENT UP AND DOWN IN MY WEIGHT IN MY LIFE. I AM 30 NOW. I TAKE A PRESCRIPTION DIET PILL CALLED ADIPEX-P. IT WORKS WONDERS. WHEN I STARTED I TOOK HALF OF THE PILL INSTEAD OF THE WHOLE DOSE. I DID NOT EVEN EXERCISE. IT GIVES YOU ENERGY SO YOU WILL BE ACTIVE.
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Studies show that vegetarians lose more weight without supplements and fancy diet plans. The truth about weight loss is that you have to change your lifestyle. Most diets don't work because it is impossible to live the rest of your life with "A shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a small meal for dinner". I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like much fun to me! Portion control and quality of food play a huge role in weight loss. You can eat all of the veggies you want. Eat a small, lean protein source, such as healthy fish, tofu, tempeh, etc. eat foods high in fiber and low in fat. Eat spreads, condiments, mayo, butter, etc in low quantities. Stop drinking soda-diet or otherwise. Studies have shown that diet soda drinkers gain just as much weight as regular soda drinkers. Drink plenty of water.

Exercise-you are starting with walking, which is a great choice. walk every day for at least an hour. Even if it means going to the gym and reading a couple of chapters for one of your classes while you walk on a treadmill. Start increasing your pace each day by just a little. When you are ready, get your cardiovascular going. Jog for five minutes during each walk. Increase this by one minute per week. Starting slowly will ensure that you don't overdo it and set yourself up for an injury. Once this is comfortable, start varying your exercise. This will do two things-keep you from getting bored, and it will also change the muscxle groups you are working. So, ride the exercise bike for a while, maybe one day a week. Do stairs one day a week. Walk outside on nice days. I always exercise over my lunch hour because I also have children, and its too hard to exercise at home. I have a good breakfast, small snack at 10 am, small lunch at 1 pm, and another small snack at 3 pm. Then a healthy dinner and nothing to eat after dinner.

Also, avoid eating out except for very special occasions. Their portions are too big, and they tend to cook with more fat and unhealthy ingredients than you would at home.

I hope this helps
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....