around when did your baby's start sitting up and actually playing with their toys?

rowan has now rolled from both her belly-back and back-belly and i'm excited for the next step!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
finn was sitting up completely unattended without tipping over at 5 months, after he mastered that he started really playing with his toys. now he could not care less about his toys, he'd rather play with paper or water bottles or the tv remote.

he's never rolled from back to belly but he's a pro at the other way.
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
rowan has only rolled each way a handfull of times, so it's not like she's mastered it. it still looks like a bunch of work the few times i've seen her do it. and thank you for replying, i'm just so excited to get to play with her with her toys!
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2007
Supporter
Jenny's a little behind most of the babies her age, but she can sit up for a little while before she gets too excited and topples over. She plays with her toys when she's in her bumbo, though.
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Christian can sit up and has been doing it for weeks now but he wont do it unattended like finn does...he tips over and leans in after 10 secs..so anytime soon he will do it .I'd say at 5 months too.
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
tanya, do you have a boppy? i think wrapping finn's boppy around him helped him learn how to sit properly. if you don't have one you could probably just tightly put pillows up against her.

isn't it fun when they learn something new? i can't wait to see what finn does next.
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
tanya, do you have a boppy? i think wrapping finn's boppy around him helped him learn how to sit properly. if you don't have one you could probably just tightly put pillows up against her.

isn't it fun when they learn something new? i can't wait to see what finn does next.

it is so exciting! i already put her inbetween pillows and stuff and she can sit like that but is normally leaning or falling forward. she grabs stuff but i don't think it's intentional yet. she hates laying down so much, she always wants to be upright!
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ava starting rolling from her belly to back at 3 months, sitting unattended at 5 1/2 months (just last week), and rolling from back to belly this weekend -- 5 1/2 months. She's also making the b sound recently which sounds like she's making words, it's cute. She wants to crawl so bad. She scoots on her back by lifting her butt and pushing backwards. She loves the remote control!
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....