To start out, I know that I should see a doctor about this but a combination of embarrassment and lack of good medical insurance is holding me back unless I'm sure this is something serious. I'm a 22 year old male with no real medical history or problems and am on no drugs of any kind.

As stated in the subject, I am having a problem with blood in my stool. This is not a constant problem, but it is recurring. It only seems to happen for 2-3 days at a time and only occurs every 1-2 months (this is the third time it's occured, it started about four or five months ago).

I'm not experiencing any unusual pains, even when going to the bathroom when this occurs. I only notice afterward when I see that the toilet water is quite red.

As I said, this is a pretty embarrassing problem and I'm not quite sure what information is needed to narrow down what may be the problem. Obviously I'm hoping it's nothing serious, but I know that this is definitely not normal and is something I probably shouldn't ignore for much longer considering it is happening over and over again.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
I know your issue is dealing with your stool, but my response on this link could help. http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic87755. html

The bleeding I had experienced was acouple days, but hasn't been reoccuring. Do you seem to be stressed out often, before you found out about this problem? change your lifestyle a bit?

good luck.
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2007
Supporter
Hi
How long has this been a problem? You also stated bright red, had it been a dark color blood, I woul say go to the ER. Do you strain when you go to the bathroom? This could be an internal hemmorhoid. Are you drinking enough water? There are so many factors to take into condsideration. I would also say if this persist or has been going on for over 2 months, to go see a physican. You can always work out a payment plan. If you don't have a primary care pysican that will see you, go to the ER. Keep in touch! Oh, and don't be embarrassed.....we've bee there! You are not alone! Cool
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...