Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Still Not Sure.. Please Help I Need to Know..

i think maybe 2 weeks ago i posted about me not having a period and unprotected and all these different symptoms: sore and tender breasts, freaquent urination, craving different foods, eating a lot, bad headaches, and i feel and it looks as if my stomach is getting better.. i recently got off birth control pills and took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came back negative... is there still of chance of me being pregnant?? im only 17 and don't know how to tell my parents...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2007
Experienced User
If you have missed your period yet the test is coming back negative then I would suggest going in to have a blood test done for an accurate result. If you are pregnant your body may not be producing enough of the hormone to tip the test. If you are not pregnant and you are still without a period there could be something else going on with your system. Either way seeing the doctor will be the best place to get the answers you need.

As for telling your parents find out what is going on first with your system then what will need to be done after that will have to happen. Parents of course will be disappointed and upset but most of them will get over it and except the situation. Be honest with them.
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
umm k so i just went to the restroom and i seen a little blood.. could u tell me where that's from.. its almost time for my period.. even though i skipped a month..
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Wait and see if this bleeding develops into a period. If you're still worried, take another test.

I did want to mention that your stomach would not be getting bigger this early. That's just bloating, which can happen before your period or anytime, really. A pregnant woman typically doesn't start to truly show for a few months. If you were pregnant right now, the baby would maybe be the size of a grain of rice, and wouldn't be big enough to push your stomach out at all.

I wouldn't worry about telling your parents anything unless you get a positive pregnancy result. What's done is done, and there's no need to upset them if you're not pregnant.

Good luck.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...