Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Am I Doing It For the Right Reasons?

when i became pregnant i put on 4 and a half stone in weight,and to this day i still havent got rid of the extra weight.
I have tried excersice,diets,GYM,everything i can think of,but nothing seems to work for me.I have been to the doctor but he just gave me a dietplan.
the weight all seemed to go on my stomach, and it just makes me so self consious,i dont wear the clothes i would like to wear,my confidence is at an all time low.I am almost 26 and i just want to be happy with myself again like i was before i got pregnant.now i have this saggy skin around my waste and i hate it.
I am seriously thinking about having surgery,but am i doing it for the right reasons?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Hithere,

some info about surgery...

Very Common! The most likely and popularly used cosmetic surgery are the cellulite treatments, hair removal, liposuction, lipoplasty, stretch marks removal, tummy tuck and weight loss surgery for body contouring. And also breast surgery procedures such as breast lift, breast reduction and breast augmentation are some of the cosmetic surgery methods in demand in recent days. Many wrinkle treatment and facial procedures are involved in this cosmetic surgery.

So there you are with lots of information on the cosmetic surgery methods available and in demand nowadays. Remember before undergoing any of them you should be fit and fine and ready for any consequences. Also taking guidance from experienced people will be of great help. Take advice of experts who are well versed with such type of surgeries and have a good record of positive results. Take Care!

Marvin.

Surgery
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Good question. I guess I would look more into how you feel. Why does having a tummy bother you exactly? Are you uncomfortable with it when you're alone, or is it just an issue when other people are around? Do you think that is the only thing making you feel down about yourself right now?

If you want to have something done, it should be because you want it. Don't do it to try to impress anyone else.

If you think something else might be at the root of your low self-esteem, you could try therapy first.

Really, it's all about how you look at it. You could look at that tummy as a burden, or you could look at it as a reminder of your baby. Smile
|