Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

I Can't Stand This Much Longer....

I'm not even sure where to start..... Basically I'm having itching "attacks" whenever my heartbeat increases. I can be walking up the stairs and have it trigger, I can be hearing an annoying ad on the television in the other room and get annoyed and have it trigger, I can be suprised by a creature jumping out from behind a corner in a video game and have it trigger.... I'm 19, i weigh about 182 lbs, im probably 5 foot, 11 inches tall...and I have no idea what to do....

I've been taking allergy+antihistamines in lotion and pill form for about 2 months now and its just getting worse...my mom says that its just allergies and I'll grow out of it soon enough but.....if this doens't stop I'm seriously considering suicide, it's that horrible...

I can feel myself go into a "triggering" state and I immedietely slow WAY down, i basically stop in my tracks and concentrate on my breathing. If I was in the middle of a conversation or something I'll just walk away and go lay down on my bed's cool sheets. Sometimes stopping and focusing on remaining calm can make the "state" pass, but usually it just delays it.
When triggered it feels like someone is throwing those little firework poppers on me, kinda like a spark is landing on me, all super concentrated on a certain area, usually on my shoulders or sides. Then it feels like its ignited, literally, my entire upper skin section. Like that spark ignites my fuel covered chest+scalp_back+and shoulders and I turn red all over and am just overcomed by itchiness, its all over my upper body and no matter how much I scratch it just won't stop itching.

That lasts for about 2 whole minutes but it feels like much longer...then after its done I'm left in the "triggering" state again so I just lie there for a while til it passes. When it is over I feel soooo good, that must be what mood swings are like. =/ I can't go running anymore, I can't go to any stores, I can't help people do pretty much anything without getting these attacks.
I don't even want to think about getting a job, what kind of job could allow me to function without getting these episodes? This is crazy....this body is so crappy, lmao. I've searched around and I seem to be suffering from an extreme case of this~ Cholinergic Urticaria ~ It doesn't have a cure as far as I can tell.... I can't live with this much longer, hell I'm hardly living at all....I just sit around being careful to not exert myself...plz help. Sad
ty
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
dang, nobody?
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
Man I had these trigger states like a week ago, I swollen upper nose area between the eyes and had these red spots on my belly and arms. I was diagnosed with some kind of spring allergy.
However your thing sounds like a scabies to me, dont take my opinion for granted, you need to go to the doctor and check yourself. It might be psychologically as well.

Good luck!
|

replied April 24th, 2007
Now I must research Scabies, Away!
ty for replying Smile
|

replied April 29th, 2007
You have cholinergic urticaria. This is exactly what I have, been going on for about 4 months. This is the worst feeling I've ever had, pretty comparable to getting kicked in the nuts lol. I'm getting alot better after a week of "treatment". Here's what I do- but note its gonna involve physically doing stuff and there is no miracle pill that will get rid of it cholinergic urticaria.

I was told by my dermatologist to take Allegra 120mg 2 times a day for 5 days, then 3 times a day for 5 more days, then 4 times a day for 5 more days. I duno if it works but its worth trying.

The main relief which I find is sweating. If you exercise, you will get an outbreak. You must SOLDIER through this and the itching will last for 5 minutes or so, once you start to break a sweat the itching and hives will die down and you will be relieved. Keep going and continue sweating, the itching should be gone or atleast bearable. After a few days of daily sweating the outbreaks will be less severe. I exercise everday now for about 20-30 mins for a good sweat and outbreaks throughout the day dont appear or are less severe. I'm going to the pool tomorrow to soak in the sauna, I'll update if this is a good way to sweat it out as well. Check out the allery+asthma forum and read through what others are doing.
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with anxiety disorder but thyrotoxicosis and cardiac conduction abnormalities should be ruled out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.