Well ladies, I just got back from my mini vacation with my parents. We went up north (Viroqua, wi) to get away and clear my moms head before she has her surgery. We visited my aunt. We did quite a bit of scenic driving as it's beautiful up there, and there are tons of .amish folk as well. So we stopped at a cheese factory/amish store to exchange .adriana's amish bonnet my mom got her last time she went. Well I found an ad on their bulletin board for toy chihuahua's!!!!!! I almost wet myself. So my mom asked my uncle if he knew where that was...so he took us (I was just gonna look) and well we fell in love, so my mom put a deposit down on the only girl pup of this particular litter. So now the last week in .may we'll have to go back up n' get her!! The owners of the pups are .amish, so I think I'll be getting a very well mannered pup (well as well behaved as can expect from a 6 week old pup) I'm thinking about writing a letter to them to see if they'd mind keeping her maybe 2 weeks longer, so she can learn a little more from her mom. Or should I just get her .a.s.a.p and hope my dog will help train her?
However I thought my husband was going to kill me when I got home (he wasn't able to go with) But it all turned out just fine, and I'm not even dead! I can't wait to see what .adriana's reaction is gonna be when her puppy comes to stay with us!!!
So this is the reason we need girl names Smile
Our little boy chihuahua's name is .chavo. So I'm open to any ideas....possibly something spanish, I don't know. But what do y'all think sounds good with .chavo? Oh, and last but not least..........

My mom holding our baby
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Awwww how precious! I love puppies!

And I will kill you! You had me thinking you were pregnant again or something! Evil or Very Mad Laughing Wink

.i have a lot of favorite spanish names, but they went clean out of my head! Give me a bit and .i'll get back to you! Smile

*edit*

ooh ooh ooh! Chiquita! It means "the little one" - isn't that perfect for a little chihuahua? And it goes great with .chavo too! Meh, .i'm silly. I really like .morena but I think it has to do with dark haired/skinned girls and your little puppy isn't dark!

I also like .elena - "the light of the sun"! Smile
|

replied April 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
lol, sorry .laura!! I'm very evil Twisted Evil
There were 2 litters of puppies, both had the same father...who looks a lot like my .chavo, except a lot smaller, and kinda chubby. The mother to my pup is a little bitty deer head .chi, and the other mom was 1/2 chi and 1/2 jack russel...so that litter was 1/4 jack russel....so if I'm gonna buy my little chi, I'm gonna go all for it and get the purebred.
I love puppies too, I had to contain myself when we got there....I didn't want them to think I was a freak. The other litter was 11 days older than the above pic, and each litter only had 1 little girl. So, even tho I liked the chocolates better, I think .chavo would get along better with a girl. I thought the 2nd litter was cuter, because they had their eyes open and looked more like a puppy. this litter still look like little rats!! I think they're cutest around 5 or 6 weeks Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well poo, I can't find any of the other names I liked. Elena was one of them, but I was sure I had more.

What kind of doggy is .chavo? I've always meant to ask!
|

replied April 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
He's a chihuahua as well. He's just huge Confused
He's got papers, but somehow I don't think he's pure chihuahua because of his size. He's gotta be about 9lbs. He was 8lbs. 6 oz just before .adriana was born.
|

User Profile
replied April 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol oh god, i knew you had gotten the puppy but i still was like "omg whaaaaat" lol im retarded. chiquita.. that makes me think of my dad (puke) because that's his wifes dogs name.. ew lol
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2007
Community Volunteer
hahaha I read the title and ws like "uh shouldn't this be in the baby names forum?"
you had me going lmao
and now I have to release the green monster of jealousy on you because I wanna chihuahua - a teacup chihuahua Laughing
you're so lucky and congrats on the new baby.

ps I have no idea on names Laughing
|

replied April 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ha! I gotchoo .terra! Mr. Green
I like the name .chiquita! I could name her puppy....cuz .adriana can say that easily! She says it all the time.
And .kia, I so wish I could get one for you. We were the first ones there, so we got the pick of both litters! And it's in the middle of the .amish village where this ad was posted, so I really don't think they're gonna go fast. I think the rest of the toy chi's were chocolate....that's the color I wanted, but I was set on a baby girl chi.
Too bad I couldn't pick one up and e-mail it to you....we could have puppy sibblings to raise together!
|

replied April 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
my myspace is "chiquita banana-nana" (nana as is nahnah--.oni)

you want a c name? Or will any name do?

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2007
Supporter
ciara Laughing
|

replied April 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
any name will do. I'm looking for an easy name for .adriana's sake.
|

replied April 21st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think you should stick with .chiquita...and call her .chi .chi!!!

Chi .chi & .chavo!!!

Leeerrrve it!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied April 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think .Chi-.Chi would be adorable!!
|

replied April 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, chi chi would fit good with .chavo.....but I have a hard time naming my puppy .boob LOL!!!
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2007
Community Volunteer
lmao @ puppy emailings Laughing
how about chata (short girl)
|

replied April 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
AyaMiyaki wrote:

*edit*

ooh ooh ooh! Chiquita! It means "the little one" - isn't that perfect for a little chihuahua? And it goes great with .chavo too! Meh, .i'm silly. I really like .morena but I think it has to do with dark haired/skinned girls and your little puppy isn't dark!

I also like .elena - "the light of the sun"! Smile

I didn't see this until Just now!! And you are right with the meanings! I'm so anxious to start work, I really want to hurry up and earn the rest of what I owe for her, and I want to get .chavo a new bed for his kennel and give it to him when the new pup arrives. I also want to finish buying what I need to re-do .adriana's room. I won't be starting .aiden until .may 7th....so I should have time to sqeeze a rummage sale in before then. That will probably have to be my earnings for the pup, because my paychecks will have to go towards bills and food. Blah.
|

replied April 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yaa for a new pup! I saw an 8 week old german shepard mixed with a rottie,man I wanted her sooooooooooooooo bad! She had her shots and everything and was only $150! she was the last oe so they lowered the price on her.I can't have her though Crying or Very sad
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...