Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Swollen Testicle, Shooting Pain + Swollen Neck Lymp Node

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Okay, this could get rather long so I'll just start from the beginning.

I moved from Florida to Indiana right before X-mas 2006 and upon doing so I was ill (flu like symptoms) the very first week after the move. It took almost a week for me to feel better than after about a week of feeling good, I got sick again. Another week of sickness and I felt better again, only to get sick again less than a week later.

All this time I had found this very large, unmovable lump on the lymph node in the right side of my neck. We thought it was just swollen because I was sick but I had never in my life felt my node get swollen like this but thought it was normal none the less. After getting sick for a 4th time in less than two months and no matter how I was feeling the node remained swollen.

Finally I drug myself to the doctor and they took some blood tests, and tested for mono. That came back negative... Now onto more recent symptoms (note the node is still very much swollen).

I was at work and went to the restroom and happened to feel my right testicle and noticed it seemed swollen, so I felt the left for comparison and thought that it did seem quite larger but wasn't sure because I thought it might just be the position they were in or something.

More recently, I've been sitting down at work (work on a computer doing data entry so I'm sitting a lot) I start to have shooting pains in my right testicle. It's not painful enough for me to stop what I'm doing but quite painful none the less.

So I've been putting off thinking about it but I just couldn't help but think that the right testicle is swollen and the pain is becoming more and more frequent. Just this morning I asked my girlfriend if she would just feel them to see if she thought the right one was bigger than the left. She immediately said yes, it almost feels like it's swollen.

To go along with all of this, I have left shoulder pain that could be described as off and on but it's more ON than off, if that makes sense. Also my lower back has been sore for three days and just last week my left buttocks was very sore as if it were bruised (it wasn't) for at least 3 days.

So pretty much I have a swollen neck lymph node(right) that is painless even to the touch, apparently a swollen right testicle with shooting pains that are becoming more frequent, and soreness in the left shoulder and back.

I suppose I'll go back to the doctor and explain these new symptoms but I don't have insurance and am worried about money. Any advice in the meantime?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2007
Dude, go to the doctor. It may just be an infection, but definitly get it looked out.
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Swollen Testicle, Shooting Pain + Swollen Neck Lymp Node
i dont want to scare you but my husband had the same condition a couple of month ago he as testicular cancer and he as just finished hes chemo he is going for operation next week . it took doctors 2 month to find out until he had ct scan what it was . it is very common and can easily be cured if caught early.
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2007
Experienced User
Testicular Cancer
my husband had the exact same he found out 3months after having pain in hes lower back and a swollen lymph node on neck that it was testical cancer. he as had 3months chemotherapy and operation to remove testical and lump in neck .we are just waiting for results from ct scan which we will get on 2nd january 2008 to see if hes kidney is ok because he has scar tissue around kidney from chemotherapy.he as started having discomfort in the area where they took testical from and a bit in lower back and it is 2 months ago when he had operations .he felt fine after op and the discomfort as only started 2 weeks ago .maybe he as infection but every little pain or discomfort he gets now we just start thinking the worst which i guess its natural to be like that .
|