Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Help!! I Dont Know Whats Happening!!!!

Hey my name is Jay and I'm currently in grade 11. Well you see I'm a good student always getting good grades but over the past week Ive been experiencing lots of stress to the point where I was having sort of a panic attack. After that I became depressed for a lil while but then went back to normal. But, when i was ready to do my assignments again its like my brain just froze! Like I couldnt do anything. It never happened before and its still happening. Every day now I leave my work aside and see how I'll do the next day to realize itll happen again! Now I reached the due date for my assignments and still didnt even touch my pen, causing more stress!! Im also experiencing lots of light headedness. Does anyone have answers before all my good grades go down the drain?! :S
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 18th, 2007
Experienced User
school and assignments can definately be stressful I would suggest you see your school councellor and speak with them. They may be able to give you home help of how to handle you depression and your school work.

Good Luck

Natalie
|

replied April 18th, 2007
School Ugh....
I know what you are going through. I'm a college student and the same things has been happening to me lately. Stress can really freeze your brain. But it is a vicious cycle... you know?... THE MORE YOU WORRY SOMETHING IS WRONG, THE MORE YOU GET STRESSED OUT,THE LESS YOU CAN DO YOUR HOMEWORK, ...THEN SUDDENLY IT IS OVERDUE....AND THEN THERE IS MORE STRESS.... it goes on and on forever. Beileve me, I know. I think the important thing to do is find the cause of the original stress. You might need to go talk to a councelor. Tell him or her what is going on and maybe they can help you sort through it all. There is a free website called http://goodtherapy.org that you can look at. It has a therpist search engine... you just type in the area where you live and the profiles of all the councelors in you area will pop up and you can look through them.

One more thing... have you talked to your parents about what is going on? Maybe they have noticed a change in your behavior that you haven't. Confiding in them might be helpful.

I hope you feel better and get your work done. You might just have to force yourself to get something done, even if its not perfect. Usually getting something done helps alleviate the stress and breaks the cycle. GOOD LUCK!

- Greta
|

replied April 18th, 2007
Thanks! :)
Thanks for your replies! I've followed both your advices and am seeing my school councellor. Its exactly how ggjjkk described it, a continuous cycle of more stress. But I think things will get better from now on, again thanks a bunch!! Smile
|

replied April 19th, 2007
Good Luck .... Stress can be an overwhelming thing and anxiety rears its ugly head many ways, even when you think there is nothing to be anxious about. You are going about it the right way, though. Talk to people, share your concerns and use different methods to relax. (I work out really hard to exhaust my body, which helps me) I hope it all works out. And don't forget to breathe....
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...