Hey guys I am new to this forum, but am definately looking for some experience from those who have have been addicted to meth, adderall, ritalin, any other similar substance..... so here's my story....

I was diagnosed with ADHD (like everybody else in my family), but I'm not convinced I ever had had it -I was ust not very motivated although I did lose my keys just about every 20 minutes Smile After that, I was put on Adderall. I chronically, I never exceeded 25 mg (except just before test time when I would take upwards of 60 - 80mg every few months). Well I finally realized how much this drup just sucks!!! I lost my friends, my boyfriend, I was very argumentative , but worst of all... I lost ANY desire for sex. I have quit the drug about 6 months ago and still NOTHING. I've been doing some research about recovery and it seems as though stimulants can kill you reward center for life (nucleus accumbens). I'm worried this has happened to me Sad

I have tried wellbutrin in the interim, but still nothing!!! I have a great boyfriend now, and I know I love him, but can't even muster a fantasy (not even about brad pit)

So I guess I'm just asking anybody who has been abstinent for a long time.. Does your sex drive return??? even a little???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2009
I hear you
I am suffering from the exact same thing as you. Have you recovered?
|

replied June 28th, 2015
I habe been on adderall for 4 years until this last month when i decided it was time to try and get off of it. Whenever i take it i wanna smoke alot and feel unhealthy so i thought it was the medication. Im back to not being able to focus, panick attacks are also returning as well as feeling like i cant complete anything due to my mind wondering on to a thousand other things. Recently and most frustrating i cant reach the poi t of an orgasim. Im deeply in love with my man and this is also making him feel as if somethi g has changed in our sex life and it is so far not the issue. Is this all part of not taking what i truly need to function correctly. Is any one else dealing with this?
|
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....