I have been dealing with acne for 4 years or so now... and about two months ago after a huge breakout i tried the apple diet. some of you may have seen an auction on ebay saying "Be acne free in 4 days" or whatever.. well... pretty much its a 3 day apple diet. Eat only apples for three days straight (i would recommend organic apples as they have a higher pectin content). The diet calls for an enema each evening.. which i opted not to do... i am sure it is more effective... but i just took a colon cleanser capsule made by futurebiotics called colon green. Drink only water as well. My acne was almost gone about a week later. I would recommend sticking with eating a few apples a day to keep the acne away. I didnt do that at first and got a few pimples a week. Try it and let me know how it works for you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Jordaansl
|

replied April 14th, 2007
Experienced User
I'm sorry to be sceptical but your body would not be able to cope for 3 or 4 days only apples!! the nutritional content of apples isn't high so there would be nothing for your body to live off! Your also saying a few (3) apples a day..... who can live off 3 apples a day???

I'm sorry but i wouldnt recommend anyone doing it unless you like the look of the emergency room!
|

replied April 14th, 2007
You misread my post Auzzie... I did not say 3 apples a day... i said 3 day apple diet... You eat as many apples as you need each day for 3 days. I personally ate between 10 and 12 apples per day. Plus, there is no way you will be sent to the emergency room even if you did only eat 3 apples a day. Ive gone 3 days with eating nothing at all before and I did not come close to having to go to the hospital.
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Apple Diet
I did the apple diet about three years ago and its the biggest scam I've ever tried. The ebook cost me $39.95 and all it said was eat apples for three days and drink water.

I lost far too much weight and it did nothing. It was an absolute rip off!!
|

replied April 17th, 2007
Well, Im guessing its one of those deals where it works for some, not for others...
|

replied July 12th, 2007
gigisi, did you cheat by eating other foods, use drugs, or smoke during the 3 days? And did you do the enema part? The author said if you don't follow exact directions results will not be good. I read the ebook as well and I gonna try it this weekend. I am very skeptical of this but I tried all kinds of anti-biotics, differin, torozac, and nothign works. Im out of options. I would be very pissed though if i sacrifice 3 days of my life eating apples and it did not work.
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
It worked for me, at least it helped alot. You can continue on th ediet a couple more days. If you are constipated I would suggest a herbal tea laxative. I opted not to do the enema either but if you dont follow the instructions word for word then you cant expect results. Nothing but apples & water for 3 days, then acidophilus & garlic suppliments there after to keep yeast at bay. i am trying the peels now, I will let you know how they work.
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Are you sure that the results will stick?
|

replied August 3rd, 2007
Healthy diet low on sugar & yeast
well.. if now that i have cleansed i follow a healthy diet low on sugar & yeast i dont see why my acne wouldn't cealr up. antibiotics are a huge cause of acne. look up leaky gut syndrome.

a cleanse & healthy diet will do wonders along with acidophilus, garlic & a multi. plus you have to stay cleaned out, so the herbal tea laxative. i will keep you posted too.
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
Apple Diet
Ive done the apple diet last weekend ... i didn't see any improvements untill 5 days later. My face is almost clear now and i haven't gotten one pimple since. It works! I bought that skin peel too ... have you used it yet brettnrachel??? If so any good results? Im probably gonna do the cleanse once more next month and then use the peels. But im soo happy ive found something that actualy works instead of lies and unneeded anti-biotics from dermatologists.
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Apple Diet
Guys, you have to make sure to take an enema or a laxitive. Anyway, if this diet doesnt clear your acne, it's still amazing for your body because it clears all the toxins from it. Think of all the chemicals in fast food and junk food that Americans eat everyday!!! I mean, if you had a completely natural diet, then this apple diet may not be helpful, but come on, everyone has toxins in their body, no one has a perfect body!
Just make sure, if you lose a lot of weight, get a lot of nutrition and eat healthily after the diet is over!
There's nothing you can lose but toxins and you'll definitely gain a healthier body and most likely get rid of your acne!
Now how does that sound Very Happy
|

replied May 19th, 2010
Apple diet
Im going to try the apple diet soon and I i am going to take the colon green tablet recommended by jimmi56. I was wondering how many of these do you take at the end of the day because it says to take 6 a day? =/
|

replied May 26th, 2010
you dont need laxitives on the apple diet i have been on the apple diet for 3 months now feel great lost loads of weight have lots of energy no acne pimples or gut problems you need to eat heaps of apples and drink heaps of water then the bowels do the rest oh and dont forget the coffee that helps too and the vitamin b tablets and magnesium you should be fine I mean I am turning heads now and have finished my exams one more thing dont tell the doctor or they will try and lock you up in the phsyc ward not that happened yet
|

replied June 19th, 2010
so if i only eat alot of apple and water for 3 days i'll lose alot of weight (atleast 5 pounds)??
|

replied June 29th, 2010
While apples ARE good for you (high in many vitamins and minerals and low in calories and fat), it is NOT a good idea to eat only one particular food...for ANY reason. It was simply a coincidence that your acne cleared up after trying this diet. Consuming a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables IS a good idea, however. The rationale for this is that often acne can be caused or worsened by deficiencies of certain vitamins and minerals. This is why many dermatologists try their patients on B vitamin supplements. The apple diet, however, has absolutely no basis whatsoever. Try eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and taking a multivitamin daily and you will be fine nutritionally, but this may not clear up your acne because it may be caused by hormonal changes, stress, or allergies. As far as weight loss goes. 3500 calories equals one pound...therefore if you'd like to lose one pound in a week, eat 500 less calories than you're used to eating for a week and there ya go. The only reason you would lose weight by eating only apples for 3 days would be starvation and dehydration (even though you're drinking only water). Starvation DOES NOT work for weight loss because your body will eventually go into conservation mode where your metabolism will drop and you will stop losing weight and your body will begin to burn muscle. At this point you will only be losing muscle mass as your body begins to starve...not a pretty sight! PLUS...once you resume your normal eating patterns (because you inevitably will) you will gain more weight back. This is why people who try week or month long diets end up only gaining more weight in the long run.
|

replied August 16th, 2010
Why the 3 day apple fast works for acne
Nearly all acne is caused by a poor diet that causes hormonal imbalances, poor fat metabolism and spikes in blood sugar. What the 3 day apple diet is accomplishing is removing the cause of the acne causing food from your diet. As some people on this site would like to believe, you will not die or suffer any negative affects from only eating apples for a few days. In fact, our bodies were design and function the best when eating mono meals. The body can go many days, weeks and even months on nothing but water. There are many medicially supervised fasting clinics across the US and the world for that matter that routinely fast people for 2 weeks and many up to 40 days. If you doubt this I suggest you google the TrueNorth health center. Green juice fasting (drinking nothing but the juices of green vegetables) is another amazing way to help clear acne. Anything that will help cleanse the liver and eleminate blood sugar spikes as well as remove the cause of the acne will work. Nearly all acne is caused by poor fatty acid metabolism so by eliminating poor quailty fats from the diet, replacing them with high quality raw living fats like avacado, Coconut, flax seeds and oil or another fat that is high in the anti inflamatory omega 3 fatty acid, plus removing refined foods from the diet, you will see huge improvments in the condition of your skin. The skin is one of the main detoxifying organs in the body so if you have acne, pimples, boils or such, there is a good chance your liver is not able to handle the amount of toxins you are putting in the body. Also worth mentioning here is the importance of a healthy GI (intestinal) tract. If the food is not being digested well and eliminated quickly, the food starts to ferment and putrify in the colon which causes more toxins to be created and thus eliminated from the body. High amounts of animal products in the diet are one of the main causes for this putrification. This is why an enema is suggested for the 3 day apple diet. The enema helps to remove putrifying fecal waste in the colon thus helping to reduce the stress placed upon your main detoxifying organ, the liver. Another reason for the success of the apple diet is that apples are high in pectin, a type of indigestable fiber that helps to improve intestinal transit time and helps to remove and attract hardened fecal matter in the colon. Apples also contain malic and tartaric acid that are beneficial for the liver.
|

replied June 11th, 2012
'Nearly all acne is caused by a poor diet that causes hormonal imbalances, poor fat metabolism and spikes in blood sugar.' this is completely false, an actual, qualified dermatologist(which you clearly are not) would tell you that a link between food and acne hasn't even been properly established yet. Please get a real job.
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....