User Profile
Im just wondering what is a alcoholic considered to be i really think my parents are alcoholics well my step-dad and my mom at least my real dad doesnt drink... but my step-dad and mom drink every day and i mean every day... if there not drunk there at work... as soon as they get home they drink and when my mom gets drunk she gets really emotional and everything and starts crying and then starts yelling at me and yelling at my step dad and by that time i just say F'k it and go to sleep but then my step-dad and my mom fight *Invovles Hitting* my step dad wont hit my mom but my mom will start hitting my step-dad so much that he finally has enough and he pushes her down on the ground

--- This is when i come up from sleeping --- storm into the place where there fighting and tell them they both need to go to sleep before i F,king move away then my step-dad threatens to hit me and sometimes he does but when he does hit me i just hit him back and tell him to leave me the F'k alone and run outside and usually find my self sleeping outside in the cold.....

Is there anything i can do to stop the madness? my step-dad has mood swings when hes not drunk sometimes he be happy and sometimes when hes not drunk he still threaten to hit me and he yells all the time.. my mom is perfectly fine when shes not drunk shes the best person i know when shes not drinking Sad

I have tried talking to them when there not drunk and tell them that i think they are drinking to much but they tell me they are not and use the excuse they work for there money so they can buy what ever they want and they deserve to drink and its all they have to look foward... and then when they do get drunk they say I CANT BELIEVE YOU THINK WE DRINK TO MUCH and thats all i hear the rest of the night.... if it wasnt for the computer i go insane in my house....

Once again any help is apperciated... Sad i really hate living in my familys house and cant wait till im done school so i move out only 2 more months w00t!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 10th, 2007
Experienced User
My husband grew up in a house like that, and I even lived with them for about two years a long time ago, so I know what you mean. If your parents drink everyday like that, they're definitely alcoholics. They can't go a day without it right? Yeesh, I remember the screaming and fighting of my in-laws that used to happen (mostly on the weekends, because they were able to drink all day long, rather than just after work) and it was scary! Unfortunately, I don't think that there is anything you can do to make them stop. They're obviously not thinking of you while they binge away. The only thing at all that my husband (who was my boyfriend at the time) could do is move out and live his own life. Just know, that this is their failure, and nothing is your fault (even if they get drunk and say weird things to you). Be better than your parents, and don't ever start drinking.
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i know this is a little late, but i thought i would respond. that sounds exactly like my house. my mother drinks every single night. she gets drunk off her gourd & goes on a drunken emotional rampage. i can't stand her when she's been drinking. it makes me sick. just like you, i adore my mom during the day, when she's sober. but when she's drunk, she'll cry about everything & do the whole self pity depressed thing. she's insulting & critical & overall just annoying. my dad literally practically lives at the bar. he's a 5th grade teacher & he goes right from school to the bar & doesn't usually come home until 8pm or so.. wasted, of course. he'll come home & immediately start yelling & insulting myself & my sister's. all hell usually breaks loose & i am sure to tell my dad how i feel about his drinking problem, but if i even say something to my mom, she gets very defensive & starts crying & denying it. they get so angry if i won't let them hold my son when they've been drinking. my dad especially throws it in my face & tries to make me feel bad. Rolling Eyes

.anyway. your best bet is to call aa & get some advice from them, perhaps. or just move out asap & leave it behind.

that's what i am opting for.

& i disagree with the previous poster. drinking does not make you a bad person. you don't have to be like your parents. i drink sometimes. but am i an alcoholic? hell no. i will never be that kind of person & i will never be that kind of parent. growing up with my parents, i have been able to learn & realize what is okay as far as drinking goes & what isn't. i'm responsible about it.
|