User Profile
I posted this in the baby health section but more people are here.

Grrrrrrrr...Trey got pink eye from some kid at daycare. It's the first time. I'm pissed off cause the damn parents brought their kid in without telling the staff and now 3 other kids have it.

Mikey's taking him to the clinic because I couldn't miss work.

The only think I hate about this daycare is the area. Because it's in a "poorer" area a lot of the parents don't take care of their kids properly and still bring them in when they have these probs. We get notes sent home at least once every 2 weeks. Someone brought their kid in with scarlet fever, lice, pinkeye and measels!!! what kind of parents bring their kid to daycare with those probs. And try to hide it from the staff. Duh.. The staff is trained. They'll see it. I would totally switch daycares if the waiting lists weren't 2-3 yrs.

I washed everything last night and this morning. Just waiting for mikey to call me to let me know how he is.

Has anyone's kid has this before?? Did you end up catching it??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Poor .Trey. I've never had pink eye, but my cousin got it from school already and her siblings didn't catch it from her. Probably because my aunt did a good job cleaning toys and washing hands etc. I'm sure if you washed everything and keep your hands clean you should be fine. Good luck .Jess.
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i hope you don't get it but if you do it'll clear up fast with whatever drops the doctor gives you. sounds like you were on top of it though and took care of everything.

poor trey! at least it wasn't something worse, like lice! i can't believe people would send their kids in with lice and measles.
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Why would you not keep your child home if they had *any* of those problems? I would want to make sure that my child was being taken care of. Not drop them off to strangers *not tell them* and figure they will do fine, let alone respect the people that they will come into contact with considering all of those things are very contagious! Evil or Very Mad

Anyway...I have had it. Me and my sister kept passing it back and forth. I was about 10 and she was 6ish. It is super, super, super contagious. And unless you have allot of faith in the daycare (which it doesn't sound like you do) chances are they will not properly sanitize everything and he may catch it agian. ( I hope this doesn't happen, but I want you to be prepared)

All they gave us was a rx for some thick cream to put on our eye(s) (its a topical antibiotic) and in maybe a day/day and a half it was almost gone. I had to throw out all my makeup (which is why I got it back, I'm not good in the common sense category Laughing )

I hope he is feeling better soon.
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Supporter
That sucks .jess!!! I hate the way they classify it by wealth.... god, that pisses me off!!!

kisses Wink
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Pink Eye
lil_blaze2004 wrote:

Has anyone's kid has this before?? Did you end up catching it??

My stepdaughter just recently got over it. As long as you wash your hands anytime you mess with it and don't let him touch your face, you should be fine. Try to keep his fingers away from his eyes as much as possible too. My stepdaughter kept messing with it and she caused it to spread into her other eye. Once we started putting drops in it from the doctor, it starting clearing up in about 3-4 days.
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
he has it in both eyes. He's on some drops. How long is it contagious for?

I'm gonna google it.
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think it isn't contagious after he's been on the drops for 24 hours. Wash your hands like a mad woman, and you should be fine. Good luck. Pink eye sucks
|

User Profile
replied April 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Mommy35 wrote:
Wash your hands like a mad woman, and you should be fine.

I have a bottle of purell in my pocket too!! lol
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
about 2 months ago the twins had a cold and pink eye and i got it. well i thought it went away but on and off since then it would come back but this past saturday my eyes were blood shot red and itchy so since i had to take .serenity to the emergency room i got checked out to and sure enough the dr told me i probably have had it since the twins had it.
|

replied April 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oh no! Poor .trey. That's crazy how those irresponsible parents just drop their sick children off. I hope he feels better soon. As long as he isn't itching and touching his eyes, and you aren't messing with is eyes.....I doubt you'll get it. Along with all the washing (that you've already done!) and cleaning I think it'd be hard for you or .mike to catch.
|

replied August 2nd, 2016
hi
welcome to this forum site. i know your problem,
and my suggestion in you go to this site.

www.healthboards.com
|

replied August 2nd, 2016
hi

www.healthboards.com
|

replied August 2nd, 2016
hi

www.healthboards.com
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....