Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Brownish Discharge ....could I Be Pregnant ?

Hi guys, just after some advise, after my last period I started to take the pill, but two weeks later I felt a pain in my left side around my ovaries ..... I went to the doctors, did a pregnancy test .... It was negative, did an internal and did a urine test for possible urinary track infection and came back negative again. I asked the doctor could the pain be from ovulation and she laughed at me cause you dont ovulate if your on the pill... Hmmmm but I was on it only two weeks ????? Confused yet ????
I got my period a week or two later but not like normal, very light, and hardly any pain..... I went away on holidays with my husband. My breast were really sore and tender for a couple of days and I have had for the last 7 or days like a brownish discharge .... Like a lady here described looks like prune juice in colour, it has stoped as of yesterday,
i also had like faint pains in my abdomen like when you get your period.
This has never happened to me before ever.
I took a home pregnancy test yesterday but it come out negative ? How long should I wait till I have another one.????
Could I be pregnant ?????
I am booked in to see the doctor on tuesday.
Does this sound normal, I am a little worried .....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2004
Experienced User
I don't know if this is the first time you've been on the pill or not, but this sounds normal to me. My experience on the pill is that your period tend to be alot lighter, less cramping, and sometimes irregular when you first start the pill until your body adjusts. Hang in there for the next few months and you should get to the point were you can set your watch by what time your period starts. Good luck! :d
|

replied February 18th, 2004
I have been on the pill before but I never have had spotting like this,
i also was only on it for two weeks ...... And then got my period two weeks later..... Dont you have to be on the pill for 1-2 months for it to get in your system and start working ???
|

replied March 22nd, 2011
pinkish brownish
hi well i just had my period n it was shorter than usual,usualy it be 4 to 5 days well it was only 2 to 3 days n after it was over i guess 1 day later i had went to the bathroom n seen i had a pinkish brownish discharge in my underwear n went to wipe n it was on the tissue wat do you think this might mean?
|

replied January 20th, 2013
urgent
hi i m married since 1 year,i hav used birth control pills for 6 months and now i m trying to get pregnent.last month i got periods 15 days late.and this month it is almost 45 days but i dint get periods,and last two nights i have seen lite brown mixed with my regular fluid after sex,what does it mean?is there any chance to get pregnency?
reply me..........plz......
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...