Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Ive Gotten 40 Views.. 1 Message? Please I Need Your Opinions

should i get the morning after pill?
dont worry about it, things will be fine!
yes, you should.
75%  75%  [ 3 ]
25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4
im 16 years old and i've recently just started taking birth control pills. today was my 13th day on it, and i started taking it the 3rd day after i got my period. (the doctor has everyone take it the sunday after they get their period) me and my boyfriend just had sex lastnight, and he let it go inside me.. i heard from different sites that the birth control goes into effect 7 days after you take it.. should i be worried? am i going to get pregnant? My boyfriend told me not to worry. but it's hard. im wondering if i should go get the morning after pill.

please give me all the info you have!
i need AS MUCH input that i can get.
thanks! Smile

Last edited by lindsee on April 6th, 2007 03:39 PM; edited 6 times in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Im Scared. =/
lindsee wrote:
okay, i've recently just started taking birth control pills. today was my 13th day on it, and i started taking it the 3rd day after i got my period. (the doctor makes everyone take it the sunday after they got their period.) me and my boyfriend just had sex lastnight, and he let it go inside me.. i heard from different sites that the birth control goes into effect 7 days after you take it. am i gunna get pregnant? =/

please let me know asap.

No, you are not going to become pregnant, as you were on the pill for longer than a week.
|

replied April 6th, 2007
Re: Im Scared. =/
Eiri wrote:
lindsee wrote:
okay, i've recently just started taking birth control pills. today was my 13th day on it, and i started taking it the 3rd day after i got my period. (the doctor makes everyone take it the sunday after they got their period.) me and my boyfriend just had sex lastnight, and he let it go inside me.. i heard from different sites that the birth control goes into effect 7 days after you take it. am i gunna get pregnant? =/

please let me know asap.

No, you are not going to become pregnant, as you were on the pill for longer than a week.

okay, thanks. ive seen you posting on a lot of other people sites. you must know a lot about the birth control stuff, huh? it's good though.

if anyone else has any insight on what i wrote, please leave me some messages. thanks!
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
In the future, please do not create so many posts about the same topic. So far I have seen three threads that you created today about this issue. It makes it confusing when three different conversations are going about the exact same thing. I answered in another one of your threads.
|

replied April 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Ive Gotten 40 Views.. 1 Message? Please I Need Your Opin
[quote="lindsee"]birth control goes into effect 7 days after you take it.. quote]

Stop worrying, this is .W.H.Y you are taking birth control, to not become pregnant, right? If you don't trust birth control by itself, have your boyfriend also wear a condom.
|

replied April 7th, 2007
i had the exact same experience, but it's totally fine, i have my period right now Smile as my bf says, "have some belief in science, these pills DO work"

Smile
|

replied April 7th, 2007
Ti89 wrote:
i had the exact same experience, but it's totally fine, i have my period right now Smile as my bf says, "have some belief in science, these pills DO work"

Smile

thanks Smile its makes me feel a lot better knowing you had somewhat the same experience.. haha. im not too worried about it anymore. i've kinda just let it all roll off my shoulders.. my boyfriend told me not to worry either. Thanks a lot for your message!
|

replied April 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You should never just rely on birth control only, if you really don't wanna get pregnant use a condom too because sometimes birth control just doesn't work. I have a son from using the patch.
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
DaliciaLovesYou wrote:
You should never just rely on birth control only, if you really don't wanna get pregnant use a condom too because sometimes birth control just doesn't work. I have a son from using the patch.

Condoms are birth control! Laughing I know what you meant though. No method of birth control is 100% effective, although many are awfully darn close when used as intended.
|

replied April 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Llewellyn wrote:
DaliciaLovesYou wrote:

Condoms are birth control! Laughing I know what you meant though. No method of birth control is 100% effective, although many are awfully darn close when used as intended.

I used my birth control right, I was on it for a year before I ended up getting pregnant. It's just that my doctor didn't tell me it can be less affective when you use certain medications. Sh*t happens. Very Happy

I'm never getting on birth control again, not only because of that but because it don't agree with my body at all haha.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...