im 17, i got pregnant when i was 15 and 3 months thru my pregnancy the doctors told me it was a molar pregnancy Crying or Very sad its been more that a year now and my husband and i have still been trying to get pregnant but it hasnt happend what can i do to increase my chances?? and for spring vacation i went to visit him we had sexual intercourse during my period and the next day i went away could i be preg? i've also been feeling dizzy and nausea. i have one more question my husband is in the navy and he is a jet mechanic, can that affect why im not getting preg???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2007
Supporter
17! Hunnie, I'm not being a hypocrit here... being a pregnant teen myself..
but It's my opinion that you should get out there and really enjoy yourselves be carefree and have fun, make sure everything is in order and you have all the means to care for a baby, then worry about conceiving.
I'm sorry for what you went through, but that's even more of a reason to prolong this until your are emotionally stable to deal with these type's of situations and whatever else may come.
|

replied April 3rd, 2007
Your only young - enjoy your youth and teenage years to the fullest before having a baby!!! Trust me, I'm 30 and only now just come to terms with the responsibility of my girlfriend and I having a baby. Its a wonderful thing but I did so many things with my life at your age and had a great time without any ties. What does the father think of this? As being the father of your child he should also have an input! Is he also in his teens? Is he 'totally' ready to be a father? And when I mean totally I mean he isn't going to leave you carrying the baby?

Please think very carefully before bringing a child into this world at your age. I don't want to patronise you - its a huge life changing event having a baby and you won't be able to have the life that your teenage friends have. There is plenty of time to settle down and start a family, and talking from experience it felt right at 30 for me Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I've moved this to .teen .pregnancy. I think it's more appropriate here.

I'm curious why you're married and trying to have a child at 17 years. I'm not going to bash you for it, but .i'm honestly curious. It seems quite young to me.

As for why you're not getting pregnant, are you sure you're having sex during the most fertile time of your cycle? You mentioned having sex during your period, which suggests to me that you're unfamiliar with your own ovulation. You should read the following sticky - it has awesome information about how pregnancy happens and when you are most fertile. http://pregnancy.ehealthforum.com/health/t opic81865.html

Good luck and keep us updated.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You said that you went to visit him on your spring vaction. Do you not live together? If you are only seeing him occationally, that is probably why you have not become pregnant. If his is not living with you and not able to be there for you, you may want to reconsider delaying ttc until you are together.
|

replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Id figure out your ovulation times first off..And be prepared to be a single mom cause thats what all us military wives are.. if your ready for that then good luck let us know how it goes.
|

replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
vanessalouanne wrote:
Id figure out your ovulation times first off..And be prepared to be a single mom cause thats what all us military wives are.. if your ready for that then good luck let us know how it goes.

Single Mother just because your a military wife??

I dont' think that comment is 100% true.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think she meant that because they can be gone for long periods at a time for training or deployment that you may be alone during some time chunks. Making it seem as though you are a single mom because you do not necessarily have someone in you home with hands on help. (Not say that your dh will give help even if he is in the home Laughing ) That is how I took it anyways.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
at 17 arent you supose to still be in school? its not easy or fun to be in school when your pregnant

are you two really married or is it just something you say, not trying to be rude, i just know a lot of people who intoroduce their boy/girl friend as their hisband/wife

your period stopping after you have sex does not mean you are pregnnat, it means your period was done, to stop your period the egg has to be fertalized then implant...usualy takes around 10 to 14 days i believe, then you make the hormone and everything and the hormone is what makes your period stop, so it woulnd not stop right away

if you really want to do this, talk to your husband and see what he wants, if he wants it too then you need to actively try, that means sex and lots of it, not just occasionally, and if your not living together that will be difficult

also are you sure you want to do this now if hes not with you all the time, its nice when the father can come to the appointments and be there for you and all that

again not trying to be mean or rude, i just dont want anyone to do anything that they may regret later

~alicia~
|

replied April 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
mc4ever02 wrote:
I think she meant that because they can be gone for long periods at a time for training or deployment that you may be alone during some time chunks. Making it seem as though you are a single mom because you do not necessarily have someone in you home with hands on help. (Not say that your dh will give help even if he is in the home Laughing ) That is how I took it anyways.

Yeah i guess that can seem like a single parent. But i am a single parent in every meaning of the word...most military wives don't work...or at least the ones i know....so it's easier. But I dont' know really. I am not a military wife.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...