Does anyone know of any natural remdies for treating a bladder infection. The medicine the doctor gave me is horrilbe im throwing up and cant keep anything down. And plus I dont trust this doctor because I was pregnant before and he gave me this medicine your not suppose to take while pregnant. Any post will be helpful

thanks,

chrystal
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Try acidophilus bifidus. You can buy it in tablet form from the drug store or supermarket without a prescription, it is totally natural. It is the live organisms in yoghurt, only millions of them. It's the only thing that actually works for me. I have also had problems in the past with yeast infections, but when the doc gave me antibiotics, it gave me thrush really bad. The acidophilus bifidus treats yeast infection aswell.

Good luck
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
I Know Something!!!
I also suffer from bladder infections quite often. There is an herbal capsule called "juni-pars" it is made from: juniper berrys, parsley root, marshmallow root, golden seal root, uva ursi leaf, lovelia herb and ginger root. You can take 2 capsules up to 3 times a day. It is best to take them with a large (imporant) glass of warm water. This helped in treating a current bladder infection or you can also take it when you start to feel one coming on. I don't know if you can tell when your getting one or if it just comes full blown. But mine starts off real mild and thats when I take these capsules and within 2 days its totally gone. Let me know if it works! Also as far as the pain goes...I take "uristat" you can buy it over the counter and it numbs the burning sensation. It does turn your urine bright orange though. Let me know if these work for you.

~sara~
|

replied February 20th, 2004
Experienced User
How Are You
Hi, just wondering how the bladder infection is going. Hopefully it is going, gone. I had one at one time and before I took the antibiotic I drank lots of big glasses of ice water I mean these were 32oz. Glasses. I drank 5, 6 a day. I went back to the real doctor and she checked. She said I did not have one. I told her what I did and she said you did not even take the medicine? I said nope. She told me I did it the natural way and it flushed it right out of my system so try that along with the other ideas the girls have posted. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Lots of love,
heather
|

replied February 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Take a very long bath with some apple cider vinegar in it using the time to swish water through the needed parts!! Works brilliantly although for really entrenched infections it may take a few goes. Still warm bath with vinegar some gentle swishing (feels quite pleasant!) & a good book never hurt anyone!!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....