Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Really Confusing Symptoms..? :s

i had unprotected sex (using the pulling out method) on march 16th and 17th. i was due for my period on march 18th, but it didnt come until the 21st. i am not even sure if this was a period, because it was much lighter than my normal period, lasted only 2 days, compared to the usual 5 days, and it was meduim brown in color. (this "period" was from march 21st to the 22nd) i had unprotected sex again (using the pulling out method) on march 23rd. i have many possible explanations:

1. this wasnt actually my period, it was implantation bleeding, and i got pregnant 2 days before my expected period, which i heard is more unlikely but not impossible (if so, then my period is now 11 days late)
2. this was a period ( i heard that if you conceive within a few days before your expected period, your body doesnt notice the change yet, and you still have a period, or something like that..)
3. i conceived on the 23rd, AFTER my "period"

i am having some symptoms that are sounding alot like pregnancy.
- sore breasts (not quite painful, but tender)
- nausea (reaction to smells, mostly fried foods, but the nausea is a bit in the morning, and a bit at night, around 7pm)
- bloating (i have been eating alot more than i should be, but even after what feels like one bite, im already bloated! and the bloating hasnt gone away..)
- fatigue (i get enough sleep as i should, but i have trouble waking up now, and im also tired at around noon, and usually fall asleep for a few hours at around 4pm)
- acne (breaking out all over my face and chest, which never usually happens to me)
- moodiness (VERY extreme mood swings. i am starting to notice them, and i tend to feel alot of anger towards even my closest friends, when they didnt do anything wrong, or just something as simple as not understand what im saying right away)
- going to the bathroom alot (sometimes once every 2 or so hours, which is weird for me..)
- slight abdominal pain (in the past couple days, and it has been liek some sort of bubble-y, twisting feeling.. i know that sounds weird, but thats what it feels like. sometimes feels like period cramps, but higher, possibly inside my uterus..? )
- headaches (this is pretty much an everyday thing now, for about a week)

please reply!
Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
do you want to get pregnant?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Have you tried taking a home pregnancy test? If the "period" you had was actually implantation, it seems like enough time would have passed for a pregnancy test to be accurate.

The pull-out method is not a reliable form of birth control at all; I have run across many women who have gotten pregnant using withdrawal.

No one here can tell if you are pregnant, and sometimes, thinking that you might be pregnant causes you to start noticing pregnancy type symptoms. Plus, certain stages of the menstrual cycle produce symptoms similar to pregnancy. Around ovulation, I always have tender breasts and nausea, and many PMS symptoms are the same as early pregnancy symptoms.

Take a home pregnancy test. If it comes back negative, take one again in 2 weeks from March 23.
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
if you had unprotected sex, you could very well be pregnant. the pullout method is not a method. all it takes is one time & one little sperm. all you can do is take a pregnancy test.
|

replied April 1st, 2007
hcobrunette06 - not necessarily, im still pretty young for that..
cln1812 - ive never had these symptoms before, and yes i have thought about a possible psychosomatic type thing..

im planning on taking a test tomorrow..
thanks Smile
|

replied April 1st, 2007
well i am to trying to find out if im pregnant or not pm if u wanna talk let me know what happens
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2007
Re: Really Confusing Symptoms..? :s
taraj212 wrote:
i had unprotected sex (using the pulling out method) on march 16th and 17th. i was due for my period on march 18th, but it didnt come until the 21st. i am not even sure if this was a period, because it was much lighter than my normal period, lasted only 2 days, compared to the usual 5 days, and it was meduim brown in color. (this "period" was from march 21st to the 22nd) i had unprotected sex again (using the pulling out method) on march 23rd. i have many possible explanations:

1. this wasnt actually my period, it was implantation bleeding, and i got pregnant 2 days before my expected period, which i heard is more unlikely but not impossible (if so, then my period is now 11 days late)
2. this was a period ( i heard that if you conceive within a few days before your expected period, your body doesnt notice the change yet, and you still have a period, or something like that..)
3. i conceived on the 23rd, AFTER my "period"

i am having some symptoms that are sounding alot like pregnancy.
- sore breasts (not quite painful, but tender)
- nausea (reaction to smells, mostly fried foods, but the nausea is a bit in the morning, and a bit at night, around 7pm)
- bloating (i have been eating alot more than i should be, but even after what feels like one bite, im already bloated! and the bloating hasnt gone away..)
- fatigue (i get enough sleep as i should, but i have trouble waking up now, and im also tired at around noon, and usually fall asleep for a few hours at around 4pm)
- acne (breaking out all over my face and chest, which never usually happens to me)
- moodiness (VERY extreme mood swings. i am starting to notice them, and i tend to feel alot of anger towards even my closest friends, when they didnt do anything wrong, or just something as simple as not understand what im saying right away)
- going to the bathroom alot (sometimes once every 2 or so hours, which is weird for me..)
- slight abdominal pain (in the past couple days, and it has been liek some sort of bubble-y, twisting feeling.. i know that sounds weird, but thats what it feels like. sometimes feels like period cramps, but higher, possibly inside my uterus..? )
- headaches (this is pretty much an everyday thing now, for about a week)

please reply!
Smile

Im 6 weeks prenant you wouldn't farther than me. Now Im sorry if i sound rude or mean. Like i said im 6 weeks along and i havent had a morning sickness and i never had headaches and my skin is really clear well...more clear than it was before i got pregnant. i never had abdmoinal pain that high never. Moodiness i belive that one right now im in a helpful mood but you meet me in person and i would be a big !**@!. I dont even go to the bathroom that much and i have to be drinking lots of liquids (which I Do). Fatique oh yes i know what that is i have that. I dont have bloating and im only eating a little more than usual. and my boobs aren't sore yet not even tender really. So I think that you might just be stressed out cuz that could also cause your period the act weird or be late.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...