Yup- I'm 41 weeks and 3 days! No sign of going into labor...so I will be pregnant forever! Doc's won't induce me until the day I turn 42 weeks...4 more days. I didn't get stretch marks until week 36...and since then, they grow on me daily- if I had delivered on my due date- I would have been able to wear a bikini again with a few scars- but now- there will be no way that can ever happen again! UGGGGG! My due date is accurate (I was very regular and we were trying, and the sono confirmed it) so I am wondering what's wrong with me! The baby was estimated to be 8.5 lbs on Wednesday- so she has to be ready! I can't explain how frustrated I am. When is pregnancy going to end?!!!!

*P.S. Natural Induction methods don't work- I tried them ALL (except castor oil due to the fact that it can make the baby pass meconium)!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I know how you feel! My baby was born 9 days late. (I was due .July 1 and he was born .July 10). I didn't think .I was ever going to go into labor either but trust me, it will happen. I had no signs of going into labor at all and .I then woke up at 3:40 in the morning with contractions. Just try to relax and enjoy your last few days of being pregnant. I was so anxious to go into labor and then .I actually missed being pregnant. Lol. I know, you don't think you could ever miss being pregnant. Good luck to you!
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Experienced User
man i feel ya.. i was supposed to be induced on the day of 41 weeks. so that would have been on the 18th at 6pm but i went into labor that morning on my own.. totally crazy.. i tried everything to naturally induce the labor.. but in all reality i just had to wait.. So just take it easy the next few days.. pamper yourself and enjoy your last few days of sleep and relaxation.. i hope u deliver soon.. but please take it easy and enjoy!

oo and your baby could loose weight the longer he or she is inside or he or she will gain more weight.. my baby was estimated at 8lbs at 39 wks then two days before i went into labor they re-estimated 7lbs.. he was born 6.6 but i know someone whos baby turned out to have gained a lb and a half from being over her due date.. i really dont have an answer for that question.. just as long as your baby is healthy that will be the best!

hope to hear about your story when your little on is born
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi Notpatient!
Wow...seems like so long ago we were both on the trying to concieve boards! Then we both got our BFP's! That was so exciting!

Im sure you are probably SO READY to have this baby! If it makes you feel any better, I was five days late. Seems to be common...especially for a first baby.

My last Dr. appt was 4 days after my due date and the receptionist told me to eat pineapple to bring on labour. The Dr. was behind the desk rolling her eyes and told me that if these old wives tales methods really worked then they would have taught her in med school! LOL! I tried the pineapple thing anyways and low and behold, 8 hours later I was in labour!

Try not to take too much stock in what the estimated weight of your little girl is. It's just that...an estimate.

I guess that she just wants a little more time before she makes her grand enterance!

Good luck...and let us know how everything unfolds!
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
this was almost a month ago, im pretty positive shes had her baby by now

~alicia~
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Experienced User
Embarassed

Got excited to see her back on again! Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
no worries, lots of people dont look at the dates lol

~alicia~
|

replied December 15th, 2009
In four days. Sorry. I'm that way too. Part of the problem is that you are thinking about it so much and you are so tense, that you are blocking the release of oxytocin. You have to relax and distract yourself. Make some cookies or something. Watch a movie, read a book- anything but think about labor. Or- it may work to picture your baby in your arms, nursing and relaxed. Look at baby pictures. It might work. Give it a shot.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...