Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

What Do You Think?

User Profile
I've been watching what I eat for about a week and a day (I know, not very long... but it's a step in the right direction.)

I weigh about 167 pounds now and I felt like I was eating a lotttttt as I'm sure I was, so I decided to cut my calorie intake to 1500 calories a day (I heard that's how much you're supposed to have if you aren't working out) sometimes I have less though.

I've been doing really good, I haven't cheated and i'm drinking mostly water everyday and if have pop its diet and its only about 1 every few days (where as i used to have 7 or 8 a day, if not more, and it was regular!)

so anyway, my scales at home don't work... and i know you can't tell me for sure if I've lost anything, but do you think doing at least this has caused me to lose even a pound?

i definitely feel better about myself, but I'm wondering if I'm doing enough and if theres a chance that i've even lost anything the way things are going.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Have you ever considered the Sugar Busters Diet? It basically allows you to eat until you are full, you are just eating healthy by eliminating sugar, white breads, pastas, potatoes and corn. You can eat whole wheat bread, pasta, brown rice, salads even have butter. I suggested this because I have treid so many things including Weight Watchers counting points, The Atkins Diet, Slim Fast...so far the Sugar Busters is something I can stick with to maintain...and I lose like 3 pounds a week. I drink about a quart of water a day. You a lots younger and so you metabolism is probably in full gear...I would say you have lost a pound or two, but it does take time. My advice, stay off the scales and let your clothes be your guide. I have done this for over 30 years....if the size 10's don't fit, I start slacking off! You go girlfriend! Proud of you for sticking to it for a week!
|

replied March 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
hey terra, good for you. I think that you are doing a great job.....good for you....I dont' eat anything that i can't measure....so unless i can measure it like one cup or two then i won't eat it....I am eating 1000 cals and working out......at the same time....it's working great for me.

but good job terra....go for it.
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Smile Smile well thanks!!!

nope i haven't tried the sugar busters diet, it sounds harrrrrrrd as i love potatoes and pasta and bread lol but i bet its worth it, 3 pounds a week sounds amazing! at first when i started this i really didn't feel like i was getting enough, and i would go to bed hungry and think "wow i can't wait to wake up in the morning so i can eat" but now i don't go to bed hungry and i hardly think about eating except when it's time, which makes me really happy. i was worried i was becoming addicted to food because it's all i'd think about or do, but now i know that i can go without eating and i can eat smaller meals and be full instead of over eating because I like food lol

I'll def. take your advice and stay off of the scales, i went to the mall last monday and got a shirt but i didn't try it on (stupid me, but i didn't have time) and i came home and it fit kind of snug, that night i said i was sick of it and that i was gonna change it lol so i did and i've been doing this ever since and i'm wearing the shirt right now Laughing and i feel fine in it! yay!

i dunno i'm just feeling happy haha
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
thanks gen! i'm proud of you too!!! too bad i don't live closer so me you and mel can be work out buddies haha

i don't exercise... i did sit ups and push ups one night and haven't done them since, but i really want to.. in all honesty I'd like to go up to the highschool and run/walk the track but ihave nobody to go with, i know all of my friends would go once or twice and flake on me, and i don't want to go by myself, im really self conscious and i'd hate to run by myself and think that people were watching me lol
|

replied March 29th, 2007
Experienced User
1500 calories a day, and exercise, if you can. You are bound to lose weight. Just remember, you can get use to not eating certain foods, and to eating other foods. Taste is acquired.

But keep going and doing what you are doing.

To the woman who only takes in 1000 calories a day, and exercizes. Are you sure this is enough?? Is this something you decided to do on your own? Or have you been advised my a professional to do this?? How long have you been at a 1000 calories a day?
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....