I've been an emotional wreck everysince my Mom died. I used to be a really strong person and could bounce back from anything. But since my sister was killed, I just haven't been the same. After a couple months, I couldn't take the pain anymore, so I went to see a psychiatrist. Haven't been on meds in a few years, but I still have problems with depression. I moved to Illinois when I wa 13 with my mom and sister, moved 1200 miles away from any family. My mom died in '99 with diabetes and my sister was killed in a severe car accident only 2 years after. I feel like I'm alone with n o family. But my oldest daughters are all grown and out on their own. Guess when they statr having kids, my life might seem different and I might not feel so alone. But i still find it hard to cope sometimes.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry that you are feeling like you have no family. But like you said you have children. Even if they are grown, they will always be your children. How long ago did they move away? Do they still live close by?

You mentioned that you have been on medication in the past. Have you thought about possibly going back on to help you through this rough patch?

I hope you are feeling better soon!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....