User Profile
Well for the curious here is what Im having done.

1. Maxillary Osteotomy LeFort I
2. Left Arthroplasty
3. Bilateral Coroniodectomies

any questions feel free to ask. This is like haveing 3 surgeries in one Rolling Eyes . Owie Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 27th, 2007
I'm sorry honey Confused I don't know what any of that means. I'm having a condylectomy and total tmj replacement, I think Question Let me do some research...
I'll be back.
|

replied March 27th, 2007
OMG!!!! I just finished finding out what maxillary osteotomy is. I'm thinking you are way out of my league with just this one procedure Sad
You poor girl.
Pam
|

replied March 27th, 2007
Supporter
I'm going to have to look them up also. What a lovely resource - the Internet!!! I am praying for you and your doctors Dyan. April 9th; right? Question

God bless...
Carol
|

replied March 27th, 2007
ok I found arthroplasty....that sounds like what I'm having...meaning they are replacing the joint right??
I couldn't find bilateral coroniodectomies though....What is that? I'm almost afraid to hear. Sad
Wow Dyan. You really are way out of my league. I'm ashamed of myself for complaining at all now Embarassed
Is your surgery the 9th? I was thinking it was the 23rd? Let me know so I will be able to send you extra positive energy and prayers, of course. Oh...I have to go put the boy monster oops, I mean child in the shower.
Wink
It would be cool to have a room where we could chat live. I don't even think chatrooms exist anymore, do they?
Anyway...got to go before the 12 year girl child kills the 7 year old boy child Sad
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
let me save you the hassle of looking it up.
1. Maxillary Osteotomy LeFort I ---they will cut out my back teeth and lower them to fit my lower teeth. yes painful I'm scared to death but oh well--i guess it has to be done.

2. Left Arthroplasty ---open joint surgery on the left joint to get the disc back on top of the condyle. they also have to fix the muscle bandings on both sides.

3. Bilateral Coroniodectomies-- if you look at a skull there is a condyle like bone before the condyle(makes sence?) they will file down that bone on both sides before fixing the muscles.

surgery is on the 11th. I leave the 9th and come back on the 23rd.
I too wish we had a chat room. Ill email these guys and see if we cant get one. If not if you all want give me your email and ill send you and invite to gmail and they have chat built in. so if I'm on feel free to bother me. Very Happy

you all know where i am if you need me.

ok just looked at pictures --------------should not have done that. Exclamation lol

Ive been doing this for 15 years its definitely time for some releif.
|

replied March 28th, 2007
Supporter
Wow, that's all I can say - Wow! Yes sirre, I will be doing lots of praying for you and the doctors Dyan. Wow!

Take care and God bless you...
Carol
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
Thanks Carol---and be sure to take care of these guys while Im gone. Cool
|
Quick Reply