Hello, my name is Roberto, I’m writing from Italy (and please sorry for my English).
I am asking your help about my mother. She is suffering since a few years an anomalous ache.
She has vey strong anal contractions (particularly in the muscle situated between ano and inguine).
They are very strong and continous contractions and they have become an obstacle to a normal day by day life.
In the beginning she suffered of stipsi. Doctors believed it being the cause of contractions and decided for a surgical operation. They removed a piece of intestine without resolving the problem.
In a second time they removed another piece of intestine, but the result was negative too.
The third time they removed the colon and the situation got worst.
Presently she has to remain closed at home because she needs the toilette about 15 times in a day.
She losted confidence and hope.
If someone lived something similar please tell me. It could be important for her to know that there is something in the world living a similar contraction, because doctors we went to are not able to find neither the cause nor the solution to this strange disease.
Thanks ROberto
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2008
tenesmus
robert
like your mother my life has been totally destroyed by this condition.
I have no abdominal pain just the constant urge to go to the toilet, which at times is excrutiating.
I have five wonderful children and five great grandchildren and all I want to do is take sleeping tablets to take me away from my misery.When the symptoms are at their worse death sometimes seems a better option.
I have had some relief from marajuana, although that is no way to live, tell your mother to try it.
Like your mother I have lost hope and confidence and any joy in life has gone.
I am seeing a doctor with a view to having a colostomy bag?
What are your mothers views on that.
Deirdre
|

robert
What is stipsi?
Did your mother have large babies?
Can she identify when it occurred.
Has there been any traumer to her rectum that she knows about.
Is her sensation ever relieved.
Tell her my sympathies are with her as I know, very much, what she is going through
and with no end in sight what can we do?
Deirdre
|

Robert
One of the worse things is that people have no concept how much we suffer, and there is very little sympathy or respect for our condition form the medical fraternity.
In one of my last consultations I was told by the doctor that their are peolpe worse of than me.What hope do we have if that is their reactions.
If we were in sever pain their is relief ,but we are given no hope what so ever for our condition, and told to suffer in silence.
have you looked up Tenesmus.
I seem to be in a catagory of my own.
What are your mothers thoughts on this?
Deirdre
if your mother has found releif from somewhere please let me know.
Deirdre
|

replied December 4th, 2008
Hello,
I'm sorry for your pains and yuour feelings related. My mother is a very strong woman and she wants to struggle against the pain and all the consequences. We found a new prognosis that perhaps may conduct to some results. Have you ever heard about pudendal nerve? Go and see if may be an opportunity for you too. www.pudendal.com
I hope it will be usefull to you and to my moter too.
Roberto
|

replied December 5th, 2008
thanks
many thanks for your reply.
I wish all the best for your mother.
If you have time please let me know of the results.

I,m not as desperate as I sounded ,it was a stupid way of expressing myself.
Deirdre
|

replied December 9th, 2008
Don't worry, I know it is sometimes very hard to struggle in a day by day. One day is good, one day is bad and it all seems worst than the day before.
Of course, I'll let you know when she'll decide to go on.
Good luck.
|
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....