Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Who Loves Sweet Potatoes? (pics)

finn does! (i happen to think they're vile.)

i mixed some in with his rice cereal and he *loved* it. i love feeding him food, it's so fun. it made me a little sad though, he's growing up so fast. not only did he have sweet potatoes today, i also packed away his swing and all his 3-6 month clothes. oh, and we installed his big boy car seat.

sad day for mommy.

watching me pretend to eat them. doesn't he look like such a big boy in his high chair?

mmm...

can't resist stuffing his fingers in his mouth...

so delish!

washing it all down-
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Yayy .Finn's a food champ Smile
I just asked you in your last thread if you tried any veggies today.. I didn't even see this one!
I had a sad mommy day the other day too.. I put .Kaylee's swing away & went through her closet & dresser & put *A lot* of clothes away Crying or Very sad
I love seeing pictures of .Finn & yes he does look like a big boy in his high chair!!
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What a big boy you are .finn!!!! Isn't it just the saddest thing to pack away things they've outgrown?
Adriana is still in 18 mos, tho about a month ago I was going to pack them away, because they started getting too small. Well now she fits in them just fine, with a little extra room. She's getting taller now, I was thrilled!
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
whyd you pack his swing away already? Trace still uses his sometimes when he is fussy. we are also still using his infant car seat, cause isnt it the safest to keep them in those as long as possible?

im glad he liked the sweet potatoes! he is a cutie.
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
he rarely uses his swing and his stuff is taking over, so when i put the highchair together i decided the swing had to go. i really only used the swing to put him in front of sesame street when i needed a quick shower, he really likes sitting in his stroller though so that'll work just as well. he also loves sitting in his new highchair.

i've never heard that the infant seats are safer than a convertible. he was getting too big for his bucket seat though, even when i pulled the straps out all the way i still had to struggle to get his arms in, he was also getting pretty close to outgrowing it height-wise. his new seat is one of the safest out there (the britax marathon), it's still rear-facing (of course) so i'm sure it's just as safe as the bucket.

thanks for the comments everyone!
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
he rarely uses his swing and his stuff is taking over, so when i put the highchair together i decided the swing had to go. i really only used the swing to put him in front of sesame street when i needed a quick shower, he really likes sitting in his stroller though so that'll work just as well. he also loves sitting in his new highchair.

i've never heard that the infant seats are safer than a convertible. he was getting too big for his bucket seat though, even when i pulled the straps out all the way i still had to struggle to get his arms in, he was also getting pretty close to outgrowing it height-wise. his new seat is one of the safest out there (the britax marathon), it's still rear-facing (of course) so i'm sure it's just as safe as the bucket.

thanks for the comments everyone!

oh gotcha, i was picturing a forward facing seat. im slow today lol.
he is such a happy baby!
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lol, nope still rear-facing. i've heard it's safest to keep them rear-facing for as long as possible, not just up to 1 year and 20 pounds, so i think i'm going to keep him that way until he exceeds the rf weight limit for his seat (i think it's 33 pounds). then it's forward-facing for up to 65 lbs, so i'm hoping we'll get many years of use out of this seat.

he really is a very happy baby. unfortunately his shots on wednesday made him pretty darn crabby but he seems much better today so i'm hoping he'll be completely back to normal by tomorrow.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
lol, nope still rear-facing. i've heard it's safest to keep them rear-facing for as long as possible, not just up to 1 year and 20 pounds, so i think i'm going to keep him that way until he exceeds the rf weight limit for his seat (i think it's 33 pounds). then it's forward-facing for up to 65 lbs, so i'm hoping we'll get many years of use out of this seat.

he really is a very happy baby. unfortunately his shots on wednesday made him pretty darn crabby but he seems much better today so i'm hoping he'll be completely back to normal by tomorrow.

yeah, rear facing is always safest. i know a few people that kept their babies rear facing until 18 months or later.
|

replied March 25th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Oni been in a "big girl" seat, but facing backwards.

The article .bridget gave made me want to keep her backwards.

1 more month...and she'll be able to see us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
|

replied March 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
doncha just love how it getss all over there face? lol go finn!your a big boy now!
|

replied March 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
awwwwwww he looks like he is having so much fun.

i like your avatar pic!!
|
Tags: parenting, mouth, food
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....