Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Crohns and Ovarian problems symptoms

I am a 47 year old woman that has had a regular menstral cycle. I have crohns and am on regular medication to lessen the effects. This past december my younger sister died of breast cancer (she was 44) so you can understand the stress I have gone through over the past while.

Just prior to her death, I was late for my period and this month no period at all. During this time I have experienced hot flashes (more like sweats) mostly at night although they have presently subsided.

I do find that my tummy is tender and I have had more bowel movements but this is not exceptional given my crohns.

Has anyone had similar issues and can you help me understand them? I have read where these can be associated with ovarian problems.

So you should know I have three children my oldest is 16 my youngest is 10 and they were all breast fed.

Since my sister's death I find myself obsessing over health issues in a way I never have before. Thanks for your understanding.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...