User Profile
Im 37 weeks pregnant, and yesturday at the doctors she told me I am 3cm dialated and that she doesnt think ill make it to my next appointment (which is on monday). Ive been having contractions sense yesturday afternoon, and for the past 4 hours ive been having contractions every 45 mins apart lasting around 60 seconds, and now there starting to get closer together (I would say around 30 mins) and a little stronger. My mom made me goto the emergency room just a little while ago because this is my first baby and the doctor yesturday said it was coming silently( Im not sure what she meant by that) and would be anyday now. But at the emergency room they said they couldnt find my cervix and basically said I was making everything up. Should I goto my hospital ( its a 45min to and hour drive) or should I wait and see what happens? I dont get any answers at the hospital here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If your contractions are 30 minutes apart, I would wait. When they get closer, like maybe 10 minutes apart or less, then consider going.
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
How could the people at the emergency room not find your cervix? Are you sure you were seen by an actual doctor there?
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2007
Community Volunteer
uh huh, most doctors have problems finding my cervix Rolling Eyes yeah trained gyn's go figure.
Apparently I have a very high cervix Question

to the original poster - I agree with these ladies, at 45-30 mins apart just wait it out. At this stage it could be your body practising and could well stall even.

Good Luck
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...