how can you truly tell if you have depression...i mean...with me i can be happy and the slightest thing can go wrong and i'll be so down that i want to hurt myself again...it'll take me days to get out of this mood too...i'll just let things pile up on me so much that i just wanna curl up in a ball and die...everytime i get in a relationship or something good happens to me within a few days to weeks i start looking at all the bad things instead of the good and it just overpowers me...i use to go to a couselor but he never said i had depression or anything...but it seems that no matter what i do i can't be happy...i can't just be me...without getting down...it's driving me crazy, but i don't know how to change things...i'm suspicious and cautions with everyone...i don't know what's going on but i need help...i'm tired of being down and not being happy...is this depression or what?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2007
Depression...
well... depression is wanting to lie in a corner and cut off from the world. not wanting to talk to any one and hating just about everything... even what u love to do most....

the best way to do this is to engage in some mental activity... this is what i find relieving... it gets ur mind off from the depression thought... for e.g. me being a book lover... i get an interesting book and start reading.. even though in the beginning i cannot concentrate... i continue... after a while it becomes engaging and you can feel your self leaving the bad thoughts behind...

apart from that.. you can go on a walk.. talk to someone about your problems and concerns and try to do some cooking.. its a full time job and does not let depression come in between...

i hope it helps you...
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2007
Community Volunteer
One thing that doctors always overlook with depression is that it's supposed to be a constant state for a period of up to six months. It cannot be diagnosed within a week. What you describe can be one of two things, ideally. First, you may have a really, really rare form of depression when your mood changes depending on how you think. Or, more likely, there is some sort of physical problem at the root of it that you're not even aware of. Any other symptoms other than the depression?
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....