Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Would You Know Why My Child Is Awaking At Night Like This???

Hi! My daughter is 7 and she had her tonsils and adenoids removed 2 weeks ago. She was taking hydrocodone (Loratab) for pain. She has been off the meds for about 4 days. Since her surgery she has been waking up at night, squrming around, crying, almost as if something might be bothering her emotionally. I can sense some anxiety. But its like she isn't fully aware of what is going on. Her legs, arms, are squrming around consistently until I can calm her to fall asleep. Her crying isn't like she in fear of a bad dream, its like she is upset because she can't sleep. She has been waking up anywhere from 2-5 times a night. She has never had any sleeping problems before and this has just started to occur since surgery. They say, you should sleep better after having this surgery???

Please, if anyone has ever experienced this or who has a child with these problems, let me know your opinon.

Thanks!
Jessica Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
She would need workup for subclinical infection.
I would suggest you to have her CRP and complete blood profile to sort out her problems.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.