User Profile
Who has one.

I've seen a couple people (Mich, Bridget) mention their and I had no idea they had one.

so hands up...

I've got mine done Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
not me, i had it done, twice, i took it out last yr when i went to the dentist when i was pregnant back in august, its hard to enjoy an icecream cone with one in and the dentist said its bad for yer teeth.
|

replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
bad for your teeth? how is that?

kia already pointed it out, but i have one. i have a slight lisp (more noticeable to me than anyone else) and my barbell seems to have "fixed" it. whenever i take it out i can totally hear my lisp, so now i envision myself leaving it in forever and being like 75 with my tongue pierced.

i'll be the hippest grandma in town!
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Community Volunteer
tinkinpink84 wrote:
its hard to enjoy an icecream cone with one in and the dentist said its bad for yer teeth.

mine doesn't touch my teeth Confused

wy is it hard to eat icecream? hehe that was the first thing I ate after getting mine done.

I have gotten things stuck on it like cheerios, polo mints, bubblegum oh and a coke can Embarassed Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i dunno it just felt weird when i licked an icecream cone haha, they said its bad cuz it hits the enamel on the back of your teeth, mine was a bit up front i think so kinda close to my teeth, i got it done in like 2002 then redone in 2005. but i dont thnk ill pierce it again.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Community Volunteer
IHeartMyBostonTerrier wrote:
i have a slight lisp (more noticeable to me than anyone else) and my barbell seems to have "fixed" it. whenever i take it out i can totally hear my lisp, so now i envision myself leaving it in forever and being like 75 with my tongue pierced.

snap Shocked
I seem to catch on .S's but with the barbell in I don't.
How bizarre is that Question
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Supporter
I used to have my tongue pierced. I got it done when I was 16 I think. I took it out when I was 17 because Jon didn't really like it that much. I wish I wouldn't have, I loved it. Plus now I think he wants me to get it pierced again.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Coke can? Laughing
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Community Volunteer
AyaMiyaki wrote:
Coke can? Laughing

*ahem* yes coke can.

so I was drinking from the can and poking my tongue in the hole to get the last drips out - it was a hot sunny day.

and...

it got caught, not bad but my first reaction was "PANIC OMG my tongue is stuck oh man they'll have to cut the can off and oh it's free again haha oops hope no-one saw me" Embarassed
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Supporter
My only problem was right after I got it done. If I stuck my tongue out for any reason, I would get it caught on my teeth. It hurt like a son of a b*tch.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
omg my stomach Laughing Laughing Laughing .i'm getting this total " Exclamation Shocked Exclamation Shocked Exclamation " picture in my head!
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I used to have mine done, took it out like a month before I got preggo because it got infected.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Supporter
I really wanna get mine done, but I'm a bit of a wuss.. how much does it hurt? And how long does your tongue stay swollen after it's been pierced? Ahhh I know I had a baby but I had pethidine for that sh*t. Laughing
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The worst part for me was the clamp they put on your tongue before they pierce it. That hurt me way worse than the needle getting jabbed through. & the swelling really sucks.. Makes it really hard to talk lol. The swelling for me lasted like a day & a half to 2 days. It's really not that bad. I'd get mine done again if I knew it wouldn't get infected again.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Community Volunteer
I got mine done sooooo long ago, when they used to use a local anaesthetic on your tongue.
They can't do that now because of the risk of you swallowing your tongue or paralysing your airways Shocked
so in fairness, I didn't feel much.

It was swollen for about 2 days but it took me a few weeks to learn how to run my tongue around my teeth lol

I hated the larger bar (they put a long one in to compensate for swellin) and I used to catch that btween my back teeth when I was chewing food Shocked

but since I had the smaller bar in I love it and I too will be a pierced oap lmao
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Supporter
Speaking of the large bar... A long time after I changed it to a smaller one I put that one back in just to see how different it felt. I could barely close my mouth!! I don't know how it fit in there in the first place.
|

replied March 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
SamanthaM wrote:
I used to have my tongue pierced. I got it done when I was 16 I think. I took it out when I was 17 because Jon didn't really like it that much. I wish I wouldn't have, I loved it. Plus now I think he wants me to get it pierced again.

I Had it done since I was 15. Baron *Hated* it!!!! So I took it out for 2 years. Then I put it back.

I got .veneers and decided to choose my teeth over a ring.

I would constantly bite it and crack the plastic ones and hurt my teeth with the metal ones. it sucked!

Sarah
|

replied March 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I loved mine, i had it done but with my first baby they made me take it out, well actually they took it out. they cut it out. they gave it back to be in 2 pieces. LOL, then i got it redone....but then it didnt' heal correctly i think because i got pregnant. but i dont' know.

I will get my nose done before i get my tongue done.
|

replied March 20th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Tongue Piercing
I had mine done for awhile but then after a few months of having it, it got kinda sore and when I took it out to change the ring, it closed up. Omg, I was so freaking mad!! So I hope to get it repierced again but I don't know if I can until the ball in my tongue has disappeared.
|

replied March 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I've had mine done since I was 16 and still have it.It's never bothered me except for getting gum stuck on it or when I first got it done I accidentally bit the ball while eating.f*ck that hurt man! You can't notice I have it.no one notices until they see somethingshiny all of a sudden or if I yawn!
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...