Hi, I got my belly pierced about 2 years ago and I've had an on and off problem. Right at the top of my belly button I have this purplish bubble next to piercing. It does not itch or hurt but it just does not go away.

I have a titanium barbell. Is there any issue with titanium like there is with nickel barbell? And is it a hypertrophic scar or ???

What can I do to get rid of the bubble? I don't want to get rid of the piercing but...??

Thanks!

Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2007
Supporter
hmmmm maybe blood blister, or some kind of infection or perhaps some kind of reaction, even though u had the piercing for some time u can still develop a reaction...... keep it clean with peroxied , and you should see a doctor to be on the safe side!! good luck, hope all goes well!!
|

replied July 7th, 2008
ANYONE READING THIS
DO NOT: use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on a piercing!!! This dries it out!!!
DO: apply sea salt soaks (NOT regular table salt due to it being iodized)

DO NOT!!!! remove the jewelry from an infected piercing!!! Go see your piercer! Removing an infected piercing will TRAP the infection. This can cause an abcess! Bad!
Go see your piercer!
Clean the piercing the way they told you to with the solution they told you to. And Don't touch it!!!
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Apply topical antibiotics. If problem still persists then go for plastic surgery opinion.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.