Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Parinoid Schizophrenia

User Profile
Can a family dr actually diagnose parinoid schizophrenia . I know i suffer from Post Traumatic Stress and severe depression but in my notes the dr has said i have parinoid schizophrenia what is it and how can he tell he didn`t discuss it with me just put me on pills . I don`t want to continue taking pills all the time.
lost mummy
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile lost mummy
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Probably not the best bet, especially if they just through pills out. Are you experiencing hallucinations? Delusions? Loss of affect (emotional responses)? Is it having a severe impact on your life? Are you paranoid and think people are out to get you? If you only answered yes to the last one it's probably just a part of the depression you're experiencing. If you answered no to all of them, don't take the medicine and get a second opinion.
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2007
The only thing i`m experiencing is being so depressed that i think constantly about suicide .I have never experienced hallucinations,Delusions .The depression have depinately taken over my life i just feel as though there isn`t much left .But thats only since the experiences of child sexual assult have surfaced again the effects it`s having on me and now my family . The side effects of all the pills the dr has put me on .I did stop taking them for six months but the suicide thoughts and acts took over .I just hate feeling the way i do .It`s not living but mearly exixting and i don`t want that .
Lost mummy
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Why in the hell did they diagnose you as paranoid schizophrenic? That doesn't even make any sense, what an idiot. Paranoid schizophrenics don't think about suicide really, they think about how the government, aliens, demons and such are following them and see shadowy figures, demons and other oddities walking around, talking to them and so forth. That's paranoid schizophrenia, not just being depressed. You shouldn't stop taking any medication like that because your body basically goes into withdrawal which sounds like what it did. It seems you need a good anti-depressant and might do well to supplement with some natural remedies to keep the chemical levels in check.
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2007
I have no idea Stan why dhe diagnosed it either ,neither does my psychologist but never the less i have stopped taking the pills as i`have to go in for surgery soon and feel as though i don`t want to have any in my system when they put me under anesthetic i`m worried enough with it all as it is .It`s been two weeks now and i am having some problems but at this stage am able to cope with it .I will not be going back on them when i am finished nor will i be seeing that dr again .
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
The cure
Jesus is the answer to all of these problems
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....