Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Diagnosed Bi-polar On Meds.. Doin Coke Dangerous?

been diagnosed for 1.5 years.. father kicked me out after being diagnosed now living on my own and searching for a release.... dating work drinking doesnt satisfy. before being diagnosed was a cocaine user. this would seriously hurt right.. i do risperdal zoloft and i also have akathesia (inner restlessness) which inderal is perscribed for..
opinons comments
thx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Well, yes, of coures doing narcotics isn't the best idea. It could make the problem much, much worse. I've seen people like you who did this, one of whom ending up having a stroke and is now schizophrenic.
|

replied March 18th, 2007
yea not a good idea, especially with the resperdol. that stuff is tempermental as it is without being mixed with other drugs whose objective is completely the opposite. think of pulp fiction where uma thurman od's from doing smack and dope without knowing. her heart literally stopped. obviously this is pretty different to your case but the point is that she took two drugs that completely opposed each other. you dont want to take both an upper and a downer - unwanted results, period.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...