Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Heartburn, hiccups, and pain under R ribs...

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
User Profile
I have noticed some people in the forums have had pains under their left rib cage. Ihave a dull to sharp pain under my solar plexus area to the right and just beneath the edge of my ribcage. The pain sometimes increases through the day or if i lean over. It almost feels sometimes as if there is a foriegn object there. This has been going on for 2 weeks now.

I don't know if it is related but I have an intolerence now to spicy foods. I get heartburn and sometimes acidy hiccups. But as I said I am unsure if it is related because I generally avoid those kinds of foods now.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2007
Pain Management Answer A2489
According to the symptoms you report (“dull to sharp pain under the solar plexus area to the right and just beneath the edge of my ribcage”, “intolerance to spicy foods”, “heartburn and sometimes acidy hiccups”), you could be experiencing some type of stomach disorder such as gastritis, peptic ulcer or a hiatus hernia. Gallbladder disorders (stones, inflammation) are also possible. You can visit your primary health provider for a preliminary examination and diagnostic procedures.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pain Management , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.