Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

I Can’t Bear Migraines Pain Anymore!

I am almost 28 and haven't suffered with migraines long, other than menstrual migraines. But I just have sort of dealt with them. Recently I have been getting migraines more often. Even more recently I got a migraine that I have had for 8 days now. It pretty much left me debilitative. The doc prescribed me some Imitrex which did nothing. Then I got a shot of De-moral and Phenergan, which let me sleep peacefully and wake up with a miagraine still. He gave me some samples of Relpax, which I dug into and helped, but the price tag is so high, I am not sure I can depend on that daily. He also put me on 25 mg of topamax to help prevent them. So far I still have a migraine and am at my wits end. I guess I am scared because my mother has gotten a migraine every day for as long as she can remember. I’ve seen her in pain. I can’t even think of having that pain. I just want to get rid of it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2007
Re:i Can’t Bear Migraines Pain Anymore!
Just a tip, a lot of sufferers have a problem with sensitivity to the 3 C's - Cheese, Chocolate and Citrus!!! While your head is so bad, it may well be worth cutting these out of your diet for a while to see if there is any difference before gradually introducing them again and noting any changes!! Meanwhile you can try using Migravent Product. I am using since last week, its good. I think they have a site by same name migravent.
Keep well
|

replied March 19th, 2007
Re: Migraines
When my son was 15, he had some of the worst migraines ever. He went to 3 different doctors who prescribed 3 different medicines that never worked. One doctor even said he had a brain tumor until the MRI showed nothing.
Then a friend suggested I take him to a chiropractor. The chiropractor xrayed his neck and saw a curvature that was pinching nerves. After about 2 weeks of treatment, which included popping his neck, his headaches greatly diminished. After about 3 months, he was almost totally without headaches. Maybe this will help you, too. Good Luck.
Laugh at your sickness at www.hypohippos.com
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2007
Re: I Can’t Bear Migraines Pain Anymore!
I suffer from migraines aswell.
I used to take painkillers, even though they only helped the smaller migraines.
Then my mom said I was addicted and now I can't take any pain killers for my migraines.
It also seems that now-a-days I only pretend to get migraines for attention, according to my mom.

So yah, I feel for you. Sad

I heard migraines are up there on the pain factor with birth giving? Heh, I wonder if that is true.
|
Must Read
Intense pain, sensitivity to light and nausea. All signs of a migraine. But what is a migraine headache? And what can trigger it? Migraine basics here....
Migraine symptoms are easy to recognize. But what signs precede a migraine? And which symptoms are present during different types of migraines? Read more here....
What types of doctors diagnose migraines? And what tests do they use? Learn how to understand migraine symptoms and put them in perspective here....