Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Could My Albuterol Inhaler Be Causing This?

ive been using my albuterol inhaler almost every day for 2 years its only thing i have for my asthma i know i need something to get it under control and not just a rescue inhaler.i havnt had a problem it always helped once i used it..but about 6 weeks ago i started getting tightness in my chest a little bit after the tightness went away i wasnt wheezing or having any breathing problems for like 3 weeks which is the longest ive gone without any problem in 2 years..then i started wheezing again and have some problems so i started using my inhaler again now about 2 weeks after using it again i have tightness in my chest again.sometimes i might use it more then i should but i have no alternative right now its all i got with no insurance i cant get anything right now to get it under control so is it at all possible that the albuterol inhaler is causing the tightness in my chest i havtn used it in 2 days since an attack i had and i got the tightness still
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2007
Community Volunteer
i don't understand your post completely. do yu have these problems when you .don't use the inhalor? My son has asthma and he takes his flovent daily to prevent an attack. Maybe you need to check into control meds. I'm not too informed about albuterol so I'm not sure what it is used for. control or for an attack?
|

replied March 20th, 2007
i have this problem after using the albuterol i overuse it
|
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....