Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

~*~ Heads Up-concerning Off Topics !!!! ~*~ (Page 1)

User Profile
Please be advised that the mods are going to start moving posts to other forums. This is the pregnancy forum. Any posts reagarding our kids and stuff will be moved to one of the baby forums, depression stuff to depression and so on. We will leave shadows so you can follow them and check out other forums. It will also enable people who post questions on those forums to actually get answers because people will need to go to other forums. I know some of you will not like this but it's not a huge deal. IT just means checking out some of the other forums.

We will start moving things in the next couple of days.

Thanks for your understanding!!

Admin is working on checking out all the forums and maybe renaming some so we have forums to suit our needs.

*I am not making this an announcement as people don't usually see them till later. lol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
what about posts that have nothing to do with anything on the forums? (not bashing anyone)
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
tdr wrote:
That puts a damper on things... Sad
it does but its only fair.certain people thkn they can post whatever they want and think others posts should be moved.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Supporter
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
tdr wrote:
it does but its only fair.certain people thkn they can post whatever they want and think others posts should be moved.

I know it's fair, and I think it makes sense. I never said otherwise.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
oh that sucks...oh well
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
tdr wrote:
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
tdr wrote:
it does but its only fair.certain people think they can post whatever they want and think others posts should be moved.

I know it's fair, and I think it makes sense. I never said otherwise.

Oh no hun,I was only making a statement,not critisizing your response!
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Community Volunteer
we don't aim to stop chat and the community feel.

But we do aim to spread the load from this singular forum.

some people have this forum only book marked and yet they miss out so much.

we have a whole forum dedicated to babies yet it all gets mingled here.
some people use this as a random posting ground... it isn't.

and for posts that don't really belong anywhere we have the general Q&A forum.

Right this moment things aren't hard and fast, they are guidelines.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Kia wrote:
we don't aim to stop chat and the community feel.

But we do aim to spread the load from this singular forum.

some people have this forum only book marked and yet they miss out so much.
no one posts in the other forums.we're all friends here and we like to share things with each other.we'ren't we suppost to get a forum for chat?that never happened.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
thats y i liked this forum tho. i could just read 1 forum and be done now if i stay around ive gotta bounce from forum to forum just to keep up with the ppl i like.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i agree with melly and dani,

Not going to argue though.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:
i agree with melly and dani,

Not going to argue though.

.Ditto.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:
good idea nancy, but the whole point of this is to have the oldies acctually go to the other forums.

I think anyway.

nahh i think the point is to have the proper posts in the proper forum not necessarily for us to answer on other forums....i think Confused
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:
good idea nancy, but the whole point of this is to have the oldies acctually go to the other forums.

I think anyway.
i think its a great idea too!

it's not like we don't get enough traffic ya know? the forum would still be running and there will always be enough newbies to fill up the place!I think we deserve a place to go and just chat.

.gen do I sound like a freak? lol
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
Sunflower_pie81 wrote:

I think anyway.
i think its a great idea too!

it's not like we don't get enough traffic ya know? the forum would still be running and there will always be enough newbies to fill up the place!I think we deserve a place to go and just chat.

.gen do I sound like a freak? lol

No darling i agree with you. your not a freak hun....
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Why does going to another forum strike terror into the depths of my heart?? It really isn't that big of a deal but it feels like it. Ah well, we must do what we must do....
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
tigresacanela24 wrote:
Why does going to another forum strike terror into the depths of my heart?? It really isn't that big of a deal but it feels like it. Ah well, we must do what we must do....
cause we are comfy here...i cant get used to another forum...i know my way around this one with my eyes closed! Confused
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Community Volunteer
right it's still ehealth and if you think about it most of you guy's posts are more baby health than pregnancy.

so really all you're doing is moving out of pregnancy, now that you aren't pregnant and into baby health.

you can still post on the pregnancy posts in here.

it really isn't that much of a biggie at all.
|

replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Kia wrote:
right it's still ehealth and if you think about it most of you guy's posts are more baby health than pregnancy.

so really all you're doing is moving out of pregnancy, now that you aren't pregnant and into baby health.

you can still post on the pregnancy posts in here.

it really isn't that much of a biggie at all.
but it is.this is *the* spot. there are plenty of posts about pregancy.and as someone said last tme we had this conco,we have all grown together and want to keep posting with each other.we don't want to be segregated! We want to share our experiences with others going through the same thing who we feell close to and don't feel like total strangers.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Community Volunteer
mel, it's not strangers.

please don't make things difficult.

the title of this forum is pregnancy - most of the posts are not pregnancy related at all.

look at it like this - you're getting a house instead of a one room appt.

Laughing

you've got forums for pregnancy questions, forums for baby health, forums for depression during and after pregnancy, forums for am I pregnant, miscarriage/stillbirth.

Yes, myself and Jess are still bugging admin for an "off topic" forum within the pregnancy/parenting section.

but at the end of the day this is a pregnancy board right here.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
not trying to be difficult here

but how many times have we tried this? lol

it probably won't even last.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...