Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Long, Scar-like Marks Near Groin

Hey there,

I'm a 17 year old male, and for about a year and a half now, I've had a long, scar-like mark that extended from the base of my genitals and into my inner thigh. It was very similiar to a scar, as the skin there was much thinner. However, it has small, evenly spaced lines which run horizontal to the mark. I'm not sure if these are veins or what, though.

Anyway, the mark has gotten considerabelly longer, and is now 3 inches. The tip of it is dark red. I think it's because I've been itching it, although I haven't been conscious of that until just tonight. There's also another small mark which has appeared a bit below it, although this one is only about as long as my pinky fingernail.

Here's an image of the larger one, although the quality is very poor: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/dwi mages/mark.jpg

Anyway, does anyone have any clue of what this could be? I wasn't too worried about it until it started itching, and another one appeared.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Anyone have an idea of what this is? various areas on my leg are starting to itch now, and I'm getting a bit worried.
|

replied March 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
could be stretch marks?
|

replied April 1st, 2007
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
could be stretch marks?

Don't stretch marks normally occur when you lose a lot of weight? I've never been overweight, nor have I ever lost much, so I don't really see how.
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2007
Supporter
Hi Mommy
Not really sure and can't tell a lot from the picture, but you mentioned this area had "grown" over time in length I mean. And now you have noticed another area. I would most certainly see a dermotologist about this just to make sure you do not have anything serious. Its best to be safe than sorry!
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Looks like possibly stretch marks but id also get your drs opinion just to make sure something else isnt going on.
|

replied April 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
jjhonson wrote:
~*~Melissa~*~ wrote:
could be stretch marks?

Don't stretch marks normally occur when you lose a lot of weight? I've never been overweight, nor have I ever lost much, so I don't really see how.
nope.I have not gained weight fast or lost it either and I have stretch marks.
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its scratch mark with features of dermatitis.
Apply topical mild potent steriods and look for the response.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: genitals, male, skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.