Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Condom Use For An Uncircumsized Guy

I had sex today. I used a condom. However, I am uncircumcised and the condom moves along with the foreskin during sex. As a result, the sperm doesn't just stay near the tip - it also collects around the shaft. I think a little bit might have seeped out of the base of the condom during sex, but as soon as I noticed this I cleaned up and put a new one on. Should I be worried about this? Is there a certain type of condom or a certain technique I should use to avoid this in the future? I used Trojan Extra Sensitives by the way.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Have no idea about a certain condom to use. But there is apossibility of pregnancy if any semen got near her vagina. Maybe talk to a dr to suggest something else, I dont think there are any special different kinds of condoms for uncircumsized guys. And there arent really alot that are uncircumsized so eh not so much people here that can help ya, try posting on the sexual health boards as well. maybe both men and women u might get some responses there too.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Make sure you are leaving that little bit of empty room at the very tip of the condom to give the semen room to collect there.

If you use condoms with spermicidal lubricant, that will offer a bit of extra protection in case of leaks and spills. There is also extra spermicide that you can buy, but you might have to be careful about that. Some things don't get along with latex and can make it break easier, so sometimes you have to be careful about what to use with condoms. I am not sure if there are any spermicides that cannot be used with condoms, but there are lubricants that can't be used with condoms. You could always check what's available at the store and ask you doctor.

If you have a regular partner, you could always talk to her about going on another form of birth control as well.
|

replied March 19th, 2007
If there is ever a question of "could she have gotten pregnant" Depending on your age and such you could probably get the morning after pill. Also, you could always see if she is on the pill, or would consider it if she is your regular partner.
|

replied March 20th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Uncut men don't need a specific type of condom!

Make sure you're fully erect before you put it on and that it is completely rolled down to the base of your penis. If you are worried get your partener to use another type of birth control too and double up
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....