Hi there, I am posting this in regards to my dad, he is 55 and for years now he has had bad dizzy turns - ever since he had a very bad ear infection in his inner ear.

Since then he has had dizzy spells now and then, they usually make him shake/feel sick/sweat. On wednesday he had a turn at work and since then hes been too ill to go back, and bed ridden for a few days, he went to the doctors for a checkup and was told there was nothing in his ears and basically got no medication or answers from the doctor. Since then he has had pains in the right side of his face, he says its like his glands hurting...

These dizzy turns are frightning to see, he tells me when it happens it feels like everythings spinning, and of course it make him feel ill.

Anyway to the point... Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I cant help but fear the worst.

Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 15th, 2004
Try checking him for vertigo???
|

replied February 15th, 2004
M4rk,

it almost sounds like vertigo. I have the same thing sometimes. That is an inner ear problem that doctors don't alway diagnose right away. Call your doctor and or ask your pharmistest for motions sickness medication. I don't remember the name of it because I don't have the bottle with me. He sometimes feels like is is drunk or that things move and aren't really moving.

Good luck on this.

Carole
|

replied February 16th, 2004
Thanks alot for the replies, it could be vertigo I suppose, but would that course the pain he is getting in his face?
|

replied February 17th, 2004
Yep... It was vertigo, and an ear infection. Thanks Smile
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....